No throttle with X45

Hi,

I just installed DCS World yesterday and I'm playing with the Su-25T. I have a Saitek X45 and the throttle doesn't work in the game.

It doesn't move at all. In the controls options, it is well assigned to the JOY_Z axis. The other buttons and switches on the throttle and joystick work fine but the throttle itself doesn't do anything.

It works well in the Windows 7 (64 bits Home Premium) control panel and also works flawlessly in FSX. I have the latest driver.

I disabled my saitek profile just to make sure it wasn't conflicting and it doesn't change anything. No throttle movement.

I would need your help now because it's not very fun to adjust the throttle with the keyboard :joystick:

Thanks a lot!

Edited by kydius

After several reboots, unplugs and replugs, game uninstalls and re-installs, I still have no luck with my throttle.

Obviously, this makes the game unplayable to me. I don't have the money to buy a new HOTAS and I don't want to change it since it still works well in other games.

Since this issue is related to the game, I hope some patch will fix this in the near future. If the dev team need some more details, I'd be glad to help.

I was interested in getting Black Shark 2 and A-10C but I won't spend my money there if the same issue appears.

• ED Team

Hi kydius,

I just dug out my old trusty x45 and used it in world 1.2.0 for the su 25t with no problems.

Throttle is working for me any way.

Not much help for you I know but it will work with DCS

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Try going into

yourname/savedgames/dcs/config/input/su-25t

backup that folder somewhere else, and then delete its contents, restart the sim and reconfigure your axis to see if this has helped.

otherwise I am not sure sorry

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So all other rotaries are working and are recognized in DCS - only the throttel axis isn't working- right?

Please have a look at this thread and try out the

"clear calibration utility":

corrupt calibration? crazy joystick response? Use this tools Fix it:

you can also try to add a little dead-zone at the start of the axis range and at the end by using DXTweak2.

and if this also fails...

I have only one Idea:

Install PPjoy and create a Virtual controller that copies the axis behaviour of your Throttle and assign this one in DCS.

Here is a video that shows a similar approach - so you get a good idea what to do:

Edited by PeterP

Thanks BIGNEWY and Peter, you gave me great tips. Though nothing worked until I was about to try PPJOY, I had a flash. The video and axis names gave me an idea.

I found a solution but it's quite weird. I went back to the game's options and tried to affect my throttle axis to any other command. When I did, the name that appeared was JOY_SLIDER1. :noexpression:

When I try my first rotary, it gives me JOY_SLIDER2 and my second rotary gives me JOY_RX. (But my rudder works fine in both directions)

So I re-affected the thrust axis and it got JOY_SLIDER1 and it works :huh:

It seems like the axis names are a bit messed up but eh... it works now!

So thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate!

Oh and while I think about it, is there any way to trim the aircraft using one of the rotaries? I don't find the option in DCS...there seems to be less axis options than in LOMAC.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

:)First : I'm glad that you have it working now and ED/TFC has you back as a satisfied customer ;)!

Yeah - moving the axis is probably a good idea on a interface that allows this "self recognition"....

+70 for this!

After several reboots, unplugs and replugs, game uninstalls and re-installs, I still have no luck with my throttle.

Obviously, this makes the game unplayable to me. I don't have the money to buy a new HOTAS and I don't want to change it since it still works well in other games.

Since this issue is related to the game, I hope some patch will fix this in the near future. If the dev team need some more details, I'd be glad to help.

I was interested in getting Black Shark 2 and A-10C but I won't spend my money there if the same issue appears.

About trimming the Su-25T:

No - no way to put it on a rotary in-game, This is how the aircraft is designed and the simulation reflects this.

Edited by PeterP

Haha yes Peter I'm indeed a satisfied customer! I'll enjoy the Su-25T for a little while and then I'll try the Black Shark. I think it will be a good challenge.

And thanks for the clarification about trim!