Combat Pilot Series in FSX

blaster454

Anyone notice the Combat Pilot Series, apparently by Saitek and using FSX in MP mode? http://combatpilotseries.com/

Looks like up front and monthly charges for dedicated servers and missions?

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

That is some blatant marketing, right there.

It was a matter of time, though, before someone tried subscription based flightsimming.

I won't bite, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

$150 for flying in FSX for the first year? Oh my, oh my.

(HJ)

I didn't see that part but I saw that to start is $50 which includes the first month. Oh, and you can 'buy' aircraft too!! :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Seems I have to add also a text, so:

I like it! I will join! I'm looking forward to start my career in "coming soon"!

edit: 1st month "access included" - WOW - Thanks! Can't belive it is really included! This is just so great!

50228_277899438904609_1474447962_n.jpgcomingsoon.jpg50228_277899438904609_1474447962_n.jpg

Edited by PeterP

I didn't see that part but I saw that to start is $50 which includes the first month. Oh, and you can 'buy' aircraft too!! :lol:

The 3 aircrafts from A2A is in the $50 price so thats not to bad but you will pay $11.50 pr. month just to be active in the community and have access to the multiplayer server. And of course the hosting costs some money so I'm not sure how bad it was actually. But I'l pass for now.

(HJ)

Subscription based flight simulator? Never. That goes against every reason I play flight simulators in the first place.

That is not prepar3D which you can do the same.

You can buy the home version for $44.95 so you don't have to worry and you get the Whole World to fly in.biggrin.gif

Yes, Subscription based flight simulation does appear to be expensive. I think you would have to take a close look at what is offered and see if it fits the price.

Like I said the flight sim pilot is going to be in for some interesting times.

Edited by rattler

That is not prepar3D which you can do the same.

You can buy the home version for $44.95 so you don't have to worry and you get the Whole World to fly in.biggrin.gif

Though we aren't talking about Prepar3d, how does academic = home?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Though we aren't talking about Prepar3d, how does academic = home?

Relax, just pointing out that as sim pilots there seems to be more coming our way.

whether we jump on some of this is upto the individual.

For years we have been relying on one company to provide us with Combat simulation. For what ever reason we seem to be attracting a little attention. Nothing wrong with that.

Seems like something you would get free anyway if you joined an online squadron. For FSX it is to early for this sort of thing as Tacpac is not yet released so there wont be actual combat for a couple of years. It would be worth it for subscription if there was value for money but from what I've seen there is nothing new being added to FSX aside servers and some addon aircraft. How does the CP T45C compare to Dino Cantennos one? For there to be value in subscription it would have to be less expensive and a better sim.

Have just read their trainning manual and they cover basic flight trainning but have two types of cadets-Squadron and Command. Looks like the trainning does not cover A/A or A/G but they do have medals for combat.

Manual

http://combatpilotseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/combat-pilot-fto-manual.pdf

People’s Defense Medal (Medal)

• Obtain twenty confirmed aerial victories while in command of a Surface to

Air Missile complex

• Receive 1200 CPEP

Exactly how they are achieving this raises questions.:lol:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Has anyone come across anything else?

Yes you would be better off joining a squadron as you are not limited as you are with this Combat Pilot program. I'm an IP for a Virtual Navy and we have better trainning than that and less limitations placed on the student. Also you are not limited to just FSX but basically any approved sim to report missions. By looking at the trainning program for CP why are they having 2 separate programs? A pilot in SVN starts off a cadet and works his way up, when they pass their check ride they are assigned to a Squadron and from there additional trainning is provided.(which covers everything and more than what is in the CP program) We also can have experinced and RL fighter pilots sign up and put them straight into a Squadron based on their logbook in sim and a check ride. So a war between our Clan and another can have new pilots participating in combat in mp after a short period of trainning. The CP program seems suited for very new pilots and is very expensive I also wonder about the interface since the pilots have to select options such as talking to ATC down wind etc. If a person is paying a subscription I would expect something quite different as in the following:

FighterOps is very similar to what CP is but with the following differences it was supposed to be a whole new sim with Global map. Yes it was supposed to be subscription yearly for $100US and with that you got T6, T38C and full USAF UPT trainning including IFF and weapons. After a year you would not have to pay subscription but you would want to since the sim would get updates with more features. Eventually you would get Helicopters, Tanks, Ships, FPS etc. As it is FSX does not have this capability until Tacpac is released.

For the cost of subscription you would want fully modelled DCS/VRS level aircraft, live ATC/LSO at least. With DCS at the moment we have BFT campaign which is the best trainning program made for DCS so far and is just $4.99US. And is more indepth than what I see in the CP program, DCS is getting more trainning programs from both VEAO and Iris which are going to probably be similar to the BFT campaign.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thanks, indepth and a lot of information. I think we have to wait and see just what each has to really offer when the time comes. IRIS and VEAO are quite a ways off yet as well. Yes, Their training would appear quite intensive.

Man we are very hopeful that TacPack will be out before 2 years. A lot closer.

NEGATIF!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Looks intresting, but as others have said, you could get more for free by joining an online squadron. That said I have registered my call sign just to protect it.

Sorry guys but Cowboy10uk is mine all mine ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Agreed with SUBS17 ... there are squadrons who offer much better training, and they tend to tailor to individuals better as well, IMHO.

I'll be watching this this little enterprise to see what they do and how they do, but I think they're hitting the ball a bit off the mark there ...

Yes you would be better off joining a squadron as you are not limited as you are with this Combat Pilot program. I'm an IP for a Virtual Navy and we have better trainning than that and less limitations placed on the student. Also you are not limited to just FSX but basically any approved sim to report missions. By looking at the trainning program for CP why are they having 2 separate programs? A pilot in SVN starts off a cadet and works his way up, when they pass their check ride they are assigned to a Squadron and from there additional trainning is provided.(which covers everything and more than what is in the CP program) We also can have experinced and RL fighter pilots sign up and put them straight into a Squadron based on their logbook in sim and a check ride. So a war between our Clan and another can have new pilots participating in combat in mp after a short period of trainning. The CP program seems suited for very new pilots and is very expensive I also wonder about the interface since the pilots have to select options such as talking to ATC down wind etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What a joke. No thanks.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "