Combat Pilot Series in FSX

blaster454

I have asked, via direct messages, to many of my "senior flight simmers" around the world what they thought of the "Combat Pilots" program.

The replies were overwhelming negative! Some samples:

Comments ranged from "no mention of combat in a "Combat Pilot sim"", "Why pay $50+ a monthly fee for things we now have for free", "We have many groups which offer the same level of training, some by retired military pilots" ,"humm sounds like a "Fighter Ops" reborn, and that never worked", "They should have waited for a complete stable of "combat" aircraft before bring it up" and "interesting, but what new does it have to offer, a few a/c which are already there with maybe a new skin".

FighterOps was a sim that has pilot trainning in it at $100US subscription a year it would have worked even if only a small group bought the first version of it eventually everyone would have got it. And if pilot trainning in a sim is at a high level and gets placed in a logbook which can be seen in mp then eventually even those who did not do the trainning when FO first came out would no doubt go back and do the T38C and T6 in FO. The other thing was it was supposed to be indepth and include IFF etc plus the sim was built from the ground up as a Global jet combat sim. Also like DCS FO was going to eventually have ships, tanks, helicopters, FPS, submarines and a dynamic campaign. Although their development seems to have stopped the concept if ever completed would make it close to the ultimate sim ever made. With the Hawk, T38A and T2 in development Iris and VEAO are planning on making full use of these trainers with additional trainning packages which would be close to FOs trainning. Also those trainers are 2 seat mp so if a player struggles in certain areas they can be taught in mp if necessary.:thumbup:

As for CP I think to expensive and the wrong platform unless they managed to make DCS level aircraft with the Tacpacs SDK and lowered their price considerably its not going to do very well.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

If I posted any of these comments people would get angry at me for criticizing other simulators. :D

I saw your post on VRS SH,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33114&page=22

not impressed at all and it did not help 7g either with that attitude.:doh: VRS have worked miracles with FSX and their Tacpac is one product which will add years of more simming to FSX especially when the SDK is released and people start adding weapons to their aircraft and completing half done combat aircraft. When they add Tacpac to Prepare3d I think its going to be quite good as you have a sim thats being evolved with a mod like Tacpac there is the potential there for some quite awesome addons. Another thing is the Flight model for the VRS SH will have an even more detailed FM in the Pro version so I think VRS have some more surprises in store for us in that department. No other addon for FSX have I seen with VRS SH capabilitys or detail. BTW currently FSX is still the most realistic sim for Carrierops at this stage since simmers have actually flown real Hornet sims and done graded traps(including night landings) with real LSOs after using VRS SH.(more than one have accomplished that):music_whistling:

I see that CP is doing CarrierOps and I'm wondering if they are using Dino Cantennos T45C?:pilotfly:

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I saw your post on VRS SH, not impressed at all and it did not help 7g either with that attitude.:doh: VRS have worked miracles with FSX and their Tacpac is one product which will add years of more simming to FSX especially when the SDK is released and people start adding weapons to their aircraft and completing half done combat aircraft. When they add Tacpac to Prepare3d I think its going to be quite good as you have a sim thats being evolved with a mod like Tacpac there is the potential there for some quite awesome addons. Another thing is the Flight model for the VRS SH will have an even more detailed FM in the Pro version so I think VRS have some more surprises in store for us in that department. No other addon for FSX have I seen with VRS SH capabilitys or detail. BTW currently FSX is still the most realistic sim for Carrierops at this stage since simmers have actually flown real Hornet sims and done graded traps(including night landings) with real LSOs after using VRS SH.(more than one have accomplished that):music_whistling:

I see that CP is doing CarrierOps and I'm wondering if they are using Dino Cantennos T45C?:pilotfly:

Well those last two post were very well done.:thumbup: Nothing to say except there are very high fidelity aircraft out in the market already. Grant you not a lot but there are some very well done aircraft. If developers key in more on this with the new offerings coming up, that would be great.:thumbup:

From what I've read on CPs forum they are using AI to train pilots.:doh: This can work in FSX but it is very difficult to make such missions the advantages they have though is 99% can be taught using AI in missions like in BFT campaign for A-10C but as a Virtual trainning enviroment it would be quite limited.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Well this training event series is comiong along it seams and they have posted som interesting ideas the last few weeks. What about a multiplayer combat mission that will take about a week to complete! Squadrons playing DCS/FC2 can do the same internaly of course, but the consept from CP sounds interesting actually. Players from different time zones and scheduled tasks to complete within a timeframe.

And they use AI to train pilots; just the same way as you use single player missions in FC2.

Jack

Anyone see their system requirements?

Recommended System Requirements

Flight Simulator X Installed: FSX Gold (Sold Separately)

O.S.: Windows® XP (SP2) /Vista/Windows 7

Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent

RAM: 1GB

Video: 128MB NVIDIA GeForce® 6800 or ATI® Radeon® X850

Disk Space: 16GB available

DirectX: DirectX® 10

Optical Drive: 2X DVD ROM

Audio: Headset (with microphone)Connection: Broadband DSL/Cable

Seriously? I dont even think that computer can run windows let alone fsx. And this is the "recommended" system. lol.

Anyone see their system requirements?

Recommended System Requirements

Flight Simulator X Installed: FSX Gold (Sold Separately)

O.S.: Windows® XP (SP2) /Vista/Windows 7

Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or equivalent

RAM: 1GB

Video: 128MB NVIDIA GeForce® 6800 or ATI® Radeon® X850

Disk Space: 16GB available

DirectX: DirectX® 10

Optical Drive: 2X DVD ROM

Audio: Headset (with microphone)Connection: Broadband DSL/Cable

Seriously? I dont even think that computer can run windows let alone fsx. And this is the "recommended" system. lol.

That is the recomended minimum system to run Microsoft FSX. Recomende as original from Microsoft and have nothing to do with CP.

Jack

The problem with getting a mission to run for a week is that peoples availability would be required and most users cannot fly daily. Generally some guys just fly weekends because of work commitments. A Virtual war between clans I've seen can take a couple of weeks as both sides fight each other on the ground, at Sea and in the Air. And normally those operate on weekends when we have done them in the past. They'll need a save game in mp feature to make such a mission work.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

This isn't really the first MMO flight sim. Aces High has been around for years. Could get some really huge, frantic furballs going in that game, it was a lot of fun. I don't have anything against the idea, although I think it should be a free download plus a couple weeks trial rather than having to purchase the game itself.

$12.50 a month is pretty standard pricing for an MMO.