Campaign, whats the deal??

fastfed

Yep thats it. The campaign is just a series of missions. Nothing more, Nothing less.

I would say the EXISTING STOCK campaigns are linear, or just a series of missions, as you describe. I've not played them but I've looked at them in the campaign builder and studied them, and I agree with you, it seems to be the case.

I would make the point here that the campaign engine/builder is capable of much more than that -- given a lot more effort and thought, and certainly more and varied missions. But AFAIK it's not been fully utilized to its capability so far, for whatever reason.

I believe the biggest reason is that this whole thing is growing, developing and changing so quickly that prospective mission/campaign builders cannot keep up. We've seen so far that features come and go, get broken, etc. (eg, Speeds work with the scripts), and so each time a new release or module or even a patch comes out, all the hard work the mission/campaign builder has put into his project is lost. So IMHO the best and the brightest out there are just standing by waiting for some sort of stable standard to be established. At least that is the impression that I get from just observing. Might be awhile yet, but I think now with DCS World and CA and the rest, we might be getting closer.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread with all this, not my intention.

Wags did post something that he was going to try to re-release some of the stock missions to bring them up to the latest standards. Not sure if he meant only the CA missions or the DCS A-10C campaign missions as well.

Edited by Ripcord

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Also, is there a way to get back the stock missions that were on the older version before1.2 ?

Thanks

If you have DCS World installed, then your stock missions are probably still there, over in the DCS Warthog folder. Not certain here but worth taking a look.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]