DCS World (A10C) and SIOC

stelios2000

What is SIOC?

SIOC is a programming language/system that is used to program a flight simulator based on Opencockpits IOCards. Basically this means connecting a switch in your home build cockpit to the aircraft add-on in MS Flight simulator and, the other way around, using information in that add-on to control led's and digits in your cockpit.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88154

Edited by stelios2000

Hi. I'm still running v1.1.1.1 and haven't yet moved to DCS World. Anyone else made the leap with SIOC in mind that could share the result ?

(Sorry if i missed any earlier post/s)

Edited by Duckling

- - - -

Thanks Stelios. Yepp, I've seen that. Pancake made a very good tutorial.

I was more looking for some insight of what to expect when migrating an existing SIOC config used with DCS v1.1.x to DCS World. I'll have to make 'some' reading and recap if there are some dead ends prior doing the upgrade ;-)

Cheers

Gus

- - - -

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clueless

I'm sorry to report I have made little or no progress. I copied the old export.lua to the new directory C:\...\DCS World\Config\Export and examined what changes there were in the example file and implemented them. DCS connects to SIOC server when I start the sim, but it doesn't seem to send or receive anything. DCS freezes completely after drawing the first frame.

I'm afraid I'm not smart enough to crack this one. It has to be something really stupid and simple, though, because I can't think of any reason they would have changed anything fundamental now. There was no need.

:helpsmilie:

Hi Duckling,

Could you tell me detail of SIOC?

e.g. Whether is use this one master card?

http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/master-card-p-29.html?cPath=21_27

e.g. with need which card?

e.g. use what software?

e.g. master card can for what of A-10C?

e.g. How to setup?

e.g. in your website's ARC-186 Radios + Parts tatorial that is how to connect and solder? which pin solder somewhere?

Thank you