AGM-65D

Found this:

The AGM-65D uses a spinning-mirror scanning infrared imager, and allows the operator to switch between a positive or negative infrared image, since under some conditions a hot-on-cool image is prominent, while in others the reverse is true. Skilled operators can use the infrared imager to pick out real targets from decoys, or distinguish between full fuel-storage tanks and empty ones. One operator described the seeker as "Marvel comic X-ray specs".

We don't have this in the game do we?

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

BTW, Mav model D should have a 57 kg shaped charge warhead while the K has a 137 kg penetrating blast fragmentation warhead. Is this modeled?

I know it isn't in weight 208 vs 360 kg, but in destructive force such?

Quick draw feature would be very nice.

Hughes followed up this feature with an improvement known as "Quick Draw". Quick Draw allowed one Maverick to be locked onto a target and launched, with the next available missile automatically boresighted onto the same target. This meant that if there were several targets close together, the operator could quickly and accurately launch several missiles in quick succession with only minor movements of the crosshairs, allowing multiple attacks in a single attack pass.

Hughes followed up this feature with an improvement known as "Quick Draw". Quick Draw allowed one Maverick to be locked onto a target and launched, with the next available missile automatically boresighted onto the same target. This meant that if there were several targets close together, the operator could quickly and accurately launch several missiles in quick succession with only minor movements of the crosshairs, allowing multiple attacks in a single attack pass.

Yes, I'm surprised quick draw is still not implemened.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

i'm pretty sure quick draw is in F4AF..not in lomac tho

It was in Jane's F-15 too. I brought Quickdraw up a few months ago, but nothing came out of it, so now I'm hoping the devs would implement it for V1.2 (as well as accurate CAC modes for the Eagle).

sigzk5.jpg

Just out of interest - WHEN did Hughes introduce Quick Draw?

If it's not documented or was not available on the spec A10 that we have, it's extremely unlikely that we're going to get it.

Would be nice, though.

It's been a feature ever since the B-Mav. It's definitely something that should be in LOMAC.

Quick-draw is indpendent of the Mav version and is aircraft software based, this feature only came to the A-10 in LASTE V 6.0, not in the LASTE V4.0 Hawg modeled in LOMAC/FC.

• Like 1

Ugly but well hung!

Quick-draw is indpendent of the Mav version and is aircraft software based, this feature only came to the A-10 in LASTE V 6.0, not in the LASTE V4.0 Hawg modeled in LOMAC/FC.
Ok, so what about the feature explained in the first post?

Zing...Haha, next time, I'll leave the A-10 stuff alone.

Nice to have you around again Dice. Even if I get burned for it :D

Although I do want to say...if the A-10 can carry the AGM-65K, it should be LASTE V6.0, and...no? okay...I'll just be quiet now ;)

sigzk5.jpg

Or how about the AGM-65G IIR. It has a large warhead, around 300lbs of HE I think. I think it was designed to especially for SAM sites and radars. With the large HE blast frag warhead spreading the damage instead of concentrating on anti tank penetration like the other Mavs. And with the IIR seeker you can lock a target and then designate a point within that lock.

Found this:

The AGM-65D uses a spinning-mirror scanning infrared imager, and allows the operator to switch between a positive or negative infrared image, since under some conditions a hot-on-cool image is prominent, while in others the reverse is true. Skilled operators can use the infrared imager to pick out real targets from decoys, or distinguish between full fuel-storage tanks and empty ones. One operator described the seeker as "Marvel comic X-ray specs".

We don't have this in the game do we?

Thats not modeled in lockon or AF, although the buttons for it are modeled in AF. Basically white hot is whats currently modeled, black hot is the complete oppposite so instead of black background with white dot heat signature you have white background black dot heat signature.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Zing...Haha, next time, I'll leave the A-10 stuff alone.

Nice to have you around again Dice. Even if I get burned for it :D

Although I do want to say...if the A-10 can carry the AGM-65K, it should be LASTE V6.0, and...no? okay...I'll just be quiet now ;)

Thanks for the welcome D-Scythe, I drop-by every once-in-a-while to see how the Hawg (I helped build) in LOMAC/FC is doing. I'm sorry don't meant to "burn" anyone just get the fact out.

Yes, the K should only be in the LASTE V6.0 but that has been added (with a few other items) after the release of LOMAC so I had nothing to do with it. I help build a "true to the real thing" A-10 (LASTE V 4.0), after the release of the sim in when in other directions. Nothing wrong with that but what you have now is a LASTE V 5.0 (which never happened in real life.

I'm a purist I guess....

Ugly but well hung!

Yes, the K should only be in the LASTE V6.0 but that has been added (with a few other items) after the release of LOMAC so I had nothing to do with it. I help build a "true to the real thing" A-10 (LASTE V 4.0), after the release of the sim in when in other directions. Nothing wrong with that but what you have now is a LASTE V 5.0 (which never happened in real life.

I'm a purist I guess....

Dice can you enumerate the other few itens ??

I dont know about other people...if the A-10 in lomocis LASTE V4.0 just remove the K from it ( I dont wanna get back to the old history from the Su-27 cant use the R-77 because this version is not the one modeled in Lomac)

And about the other itens i really wanna known

tks

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

wsoul2k, I haven't downloaded any mods or patches for LOMAC in a while and haven't played the sim in like forever so, I don't know how far it's been taken from the original model. I do remember one off the top of my head and it's the CCRP mode, this mode was not in LASTE 4.0 but was added to LOMAC in the first or second patch.

Ugly but well hung!