• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

Well we are probably looking at F15/16/18 variant for the next AFM clickable US fighter. Properly modeled MiG29/SU27 and adequate weapon systems will be more than a match in DCS world.

They are not going to model First Rate air force any time soon (no raptors, pak-fa, stealth and such ...) ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next DCS Fast Mover will either be a F/A-18C or an F15C.

Fact.

Why?

Those are the only 2 US fixed wing jets not under development by a third party entity.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Personaly I'd be in heavens if they release F16c/MiG29sm(t) package; second choice beeing Fa18c/su33. After that, they could upgrade F15c, SU25T and SU27. Everything should be simulated with AFM and fully clickable, of course (with hefty manuals :P)

Package is the keyword.

If the price for these (hypothetical) packages is two-three years wait period per package - so be it! Enough time to develop Combined Arms into something special (simulation of integrated air defense system and implemetation of GCI would complete the picture ...). New theater of operation wouldn't hurt either.

In the meantime, third party developers would keep us busy ...

Dreams...dreams ... I know ... :D:joystick:

Edited by danilop

Flankers are only as good as the pilots that fly em, and there is a good shortage of those around here. :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Do the new Flanker variants have digital RWRs like the US jets? Otherwise forget it cause the 29/27/33 RWR is barbaric and useless...!

Of course they have. You cant expect the russian airforce to not improving their equipment for 30 yeard. Modern Su27 or Mig29ers also have glasscockpits. There are some documentaries about nextgen russian fighters on youtube, some of them showing insidepics of their cockpit. They look pretty cool and modern.

Flankers are only as good as the pilots that fly em, and there is a good shortage of those around here. :lol:

LOL :) Ill take you on any day if t least half of the stuff was working on the Su-27, you can see me whit out using radar from 50 km, lol you dont even need to lock anything just lunch aim-120 in right direction, And now when ERs and ETs dont hit shit pilots learn that and start to believe that they are on top of the world because they learned how bad ERs and ET behave and start exploit it, Very realistic scenario :megalol:.

In FC2 F-15 pilots had to make a notch at least to not get hit, while in FC3 even that is no need, a simple pincer is enough and ER will miss and aim-120 hit, LOL after some fights it gets boring, and you simulation die .

Then you tell me aim-120 should be better and hit more accurate then ER-27 whit out taking in consideration that a very important factor of realism is lost witch is respect and fair for opponents missiles. (since this is simulation somethig needts to be done to counter that so bouth sides have same respect)

At the moment it is bullshit.( its not enough whit that aim-120 is active and F-15 pilot get that advantage, it tracks better as well, althou this might be tru it is still counter productive for this simulator. F-15 pilots did good in Fc2 in FC3 they will do even better on till you fight you self):protest:

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

• ED Team

really enjoying FC3 and the F-15 looks great, its like flying around on a race track but . .

I can not wait to fly a upgraded su-27, that's where the real flying happens and a pilots skill is just that, skill :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That was a nice big pile of BS. :)

I have killed F-15's with R-27ER's (not AI's) just recently. There are definitely problems with some of the FCS mechanization and missile tuning isn't finished yet, but your irrational desire to have older SARH missiles somehow be as good as modern ARH missiles is just play funny.

LOL :) Ill take you on any day if t least half of the stuff was working on the Su-27, you can see me whit out using radar from 50 km, lol you dont even need to lock anything just lunch aim-120 in right direction, And now when ERs and ETs dont hit shit pilots learn that and start to believe that they are on top of the world because they learned how bad ERs and ET behave and start exploit it, Very realistic scenario :megalol:.

In FC2 F-15 pilots had to make a notch at least to not get hit, while in FC3 even that is no need, a simple pincer is enough and ER will miss and aim-120 hit, LOL after some fights it gets boring, and you simulation die .

Then you tell me aim-120 should be better and hit more accurate then ER-27 whit out taking in consideration that a very important factor of realism is lost witch is respect and fair for opponents missiles. (since this is simulation somethig needts to be done to counter that so bouth sides have same respect)

At the moment it is bullshit.( its not enough whit that aim-120 is active and F-15 pilot get that advantage, it tracks better as well, althou this might be tru it is still counter productive for this simulator. F-15 pilots did good in Fc2 in FC3 they will do even better on till you fight you self):protest:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

really enjoying FC3 and the F-15 looks great, its like flying around on a race track but . .

I can not wait to fly a upgraded su-27, that's where the real flying happens and a pilots skill is just that, skill :)

+1

Looking forward for a updated SU-27 model as well. Love that bird.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Where is my F-16! It's been almost a decade and still no F-16 what is up with that! Not even a F-18 either. I wouldn't be scared of a upgraded Flanker. Some servers upgraded them in FC2 so they could fire R-77's, nothing changed to much then, why would it be any different? Hearing the same ole crap about the F-15, get over it people. Guess what, it's porked and missing stuff also, stuff that was on the 15 back in 70's and early 80's. This is never going to end, neither side will be happy.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

That was a nice big pile of BS. :)

I have killed F-15's with R-27ER's (not AI's) just recently. There are definitely problems with some of the FCS mechanization and missile tuning isn't finished yet, but your irrational desire to have older SARH missiles somehow be as good as modern ARH missiles is just play funny.

Where is you prove that ERs miss that much from 5 km rang. GG Aim-120 has better explosives then S-300 at the moment, Im sure ypu dont see a problem whit that whit you bias attitude.

LOL; aim-120 can be used as aim-9 and turns better the R-73 lol, is that realistic as well. GG you dont fly in multi player why would you care. YOU ARE BIAS and should not be moderator for this simulator, You just refuse to understand because you believe in something you have no prove of, there will be only actives in DCS soon I hope ypu are hapy then:)

[EDITED FOR LANGUAGE. /ETHEREALN]

If you hade something to say, F-15 would turn and bleed speed better then Su-27 as well. F-15 has tighter sustained turn (LOL you you know this by ?) GG plz stop lol.

GG it will be so nice to Fly F-18/F-15 or F-16, We should have a training then ;)

GG or do you belong in the reistic world where you fight F-15/F-18/F-16 vs MIG-21 :)

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 2

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Tek mate... I think you should wait out till final FC3 is out then after flying for a while draw conclusions... you might find its not as bad as you think.

Honestly, I think both of you are biased a bit but that's not a reason to always have a go at each other on here... you know 51st is good when it comes to team work, and believe me that is all that matters.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

F-15 was already better in al aspects in FC2 now it is even better.

Some of it depends on DCS bugs as aim-120 explosives.

Because some facts are unknown the aim-120 should preform not as good or ERs and R-73s should do better. Nothing would change for F-15 it would still have same advantages whit aim-120. This would gain the simulator don't you understand?

Kuky, I know that F-15 is a better BVR platform and always known that, Its just that ERs are to easy to evade nowadays so they are no threat witch is bad for this simulator. There is no real facts involved here since aim-120 is still active and get that advantage, and not only that it has as good seeker as F-15 radar :)

And dont take me wrong DCS developers, missile dynamics feels more realistic now, need some tweaking thou to find the sweet-spot for missiles.

And you should respect my concerns since I want this simulator to be as good as possible or I would not waste my time here!!!

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Well the F-15C which has actives should have the upper hand there because of the actives... then the flanker has other advantages (EOS, Datalink), with FC3 now missiles will perform much better and more realistic physics in flight (and this matters) so really the advantage/disadvantage each plane has is about right.

Isn't it fact though that neither of you have hard cold proof of either missiles (who does)? And with this in mind it's futile to keep arguing about it.... at least that's how I see it.

This was before my time, but my understanding is that the R-27's already are "boosted" compared to the documentation. ED has a lot of documentation for a lot of things, but obviously they may or may not be able to share this with us.

Regarding the AIM-120 warhead, it's "overpowered" in order to simulate the directional warhead, something the engine (at least in FC2) could not support. I'm not the missile expert though and I don't know if this is different in FC3.

Regarding the actual topic of this thread: if anyone has good documentation for more modern migs and flankers, go ahead - perhaps even start a development team and see if you can get licensed to make it. As mentioned previously in this thread, disseminating modern military information to the outside world is something that is a bit dodgy in Russia given that there's so much that is secret or the equivalent of NOFORN; information everyone can get about american planes can still be pretty secret for the russian birds, which is a problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well the F-15C which has actives should have the upper hand there because of the actives... then the flanker has other advantages (EOS, Datalink), with FC3 now missiles will perform much better and more realistic physics in flight (and this matters) so really the advantage/disadvantage each plane has is about right.

Isn't it fact though that neither of you have hard cold proof of either missiles (who does)? And with this in mind it's futile to keep arguing about it.... at least that's how I see it.

I have to make my point since they way it is now will make more harm then good for this simulator. In FC2 ER was not even used by multiplayer community,

That's my point the unknown fact could be used to make the simulator better not worse where this pointless conversations starts

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Regarding the actual topic of this thread: if anyone has good documentation for more modern migs and flankers, go ahead - perhaps even start a development team and see if you can get licensed to make it. As mentioned previously in this thread, disseminating modern military information to the outside world is something that is a bit dodgy in Russia given that there's so much that is secret or the equivalent of NOFORN; information everyone can get about american planes can still be pretty secret for the russian birds, which is a problem.

MiG 29 was part of NATO, Germany upgraded they MiGs to NATO standards (IFF, TACAN etc) ... So there is plenty of info about those outside Russia.

And BTW, there are huge numbers of MiG29s in former Warsaw Pact members sympathetic to NATO and West in general - I don't think that these MiGs are clasified anymore ...

If nobody went to prison over KA-50 in DCS, no one probably will for MiG 29 ;) :)

Edited by danilop

I have to make my point since they way it is now will make more harm then good for this simulator. In FC2 ER was not even used by multiplayer community,

That's my point the unknown fact could be used to make the simulator better not worse where this pointless conversations starts

What do you mean ER was not even used in MP? I made most of my kills with ER's back when I flew on 51st when you guys were doing stats... you guys used it also :noexpression:

MiG 29 was part of NATO, Germany upgraded they MiGs to NATO standards (IFF, TACAN etc) ... So there is plenty of info about those outside Russia.

And BTW, there are huge numbers of MiG29s in former Warsaw Pact members sympathetic to NATO and West in general - I don't think that these MiGs are clasified anymore ...

If nobody went to prison over KA-50 in DCS, no one probably will for MiG 29 ;) :)

What i think he's trying to say, even if they get the correct information about the aircraft, releasing such stuff to the public is still bad, because they can be put in jail for it.

Not only that, but as per Case's stats the ER was about as effective as a 120.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1441178&postcount=117

What do you mean ER was not even used in MP? I made most of my kills with ER's back when I flew on 51st when you guys were doing stats... you guys used it also :noexpression:

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AIM-120 data changes in the next patch. All your whining may have been for the better. We'll soon fine out exactly what data was changed. I suspect a nerf most likely with all the current whinging over the supposed godlike AIM-120.

What i think he's trying to say' date=' even if they get the correct information about the aircraft, releasing such stuff to the public is still bad, because they can be put in jail for it.[/quote']

Well if information is widely available and public, it's legal nonsense to prosecute someone who is releasing that same information.

However, I do understand ED's position fully, and I'm convinced that they will find a way to release at least MiG29 or SU27, if only through 3rd party developer ....

Edited by danilop