• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

I would say su-27m/sm would be good even at FC3 level.

Also, mig25/31 would be great as this would really change air combat in PVP. J-8II (which carries the Chinese version of aim120) or Su-15 would also be nice (Are they really the same plane? I think they probably just look similar.)

No, they are not the same plane. The J-8II is based on the MiG-21 modified for two engines.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me an Su-15, an Su-22, a MiG-23, a MiG-27, or a MiG-25.

:thumbup:

I like your list. As far as jets go, I would add the Mig-17F (my dream ride) and a Mig-19. (Might be best if it is a Shenyang J-6, so it could be our first Chinese default pit DCS World ride and since I think that ride is better associated with China) I would also love the Su-27S and Mig-29. :thumbup: MJ

P.S. I really like the I-16 and Tu-22M3 projects. I would not have thought of those rides, but I will certainly buy them. Both reflect some outside the box thinking on the part of dev teams and I like that, too. While I push certain Russian rides, my support for some rides ought not be considered opposition to other rides, rides I don't mention or focus on. Even when I hopefully get all of the Russian rides I want in DCS, by they prop planes, jets, or helicopters, I'll still support Russian plane and helicopter projects of dev teams that include rides that I don't mention, including the I-16 and Tu-22.

:pilotfly:

Edited by mjmorrow

I would also love the Su-27S and Mig-29.MJ

P.S.

We have the Su-27S, unless you mean to get it as clickable cockpit or you mean Su-27SM so we could use R-77 on it?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

We have the Su-27S, unless you mean to get it as clickable cockpit or you mean Su-27SM so we could use R-77 on it?

Ha Fri! Sorry for the confusion. I always mean clickable cockpit, but I ought to spell it out, because some persons don't mind FC3 level planes. I really appreciate and only want DCS add-ons with ASM. While I would love a Su-27SM, heck, I would love a Su-35 and a Su-50, I am confident that a dev team could not accurately model the ASM of such planes. I suspect that a team can model the older Su-27S and if that is the case, I would prefer the Su-27S, with a clickable cockpit, over a FC3 level Su-27SM, Su-35, or Su-50.

:thumbup: MJ

I am not a fan of russian planes, but I'd love a fully detailed badass SU-25

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Ha Fri! Sorry for the confusion. I always mean clickable cockpit, but I ought to spell it out, because some persons don't mind FC3 level planes. I really appreciate and only want DCS add-ons with ASM. While I would love a Su-27SM, heck, I would love a Su-35 and a Su-50, I am confident that a dev team could not accurately model the ASM of such planes. I suspect that a team can model the older Su-27S and if that is the case, I would prefer the Su-27S, with a clickable cockpit, over a FC3 level Su-27SM, Su-35, or Su-50.

:thumbup: MJ

Agreed! :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

Tbh in my oppinion these poll options are kind of dumb. Why did you fill it with hyper-modern jets? There is no way we would ever get something that modern, why not fill it with cold war aircraft like DCS fits into well? Here is my list of things I want that I feel are realistic:

1. Full fidelity Su-27S

2 but tied with 1. Full fidelity MiG-29A

3. MiG-31 but I doubt we would get it so the next one

4. almost tied with 3: MiG-25

5. MiG-23

To be honest as someone who prefers and loves Russian aircraft, I would take ANYTHING non-trainer post-korea, Russian military aircraft at this point :'(

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any DCS level 4th Gen Ru Fighter, will do. Is it really feasible to expect one to be delivered, within the next decade?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

I really don't understand why we don't have a "Flanker Threat Simulator" or something. Give us something with the rough capabilities of say, a J-11B, or Su-27SM3, or whatever, give it all the weapons (AA-10/11/12, PL-8/9/12/15), a basic representation of the current sensor capabilities, etc.

Doesn't have to be perfect, doesn't have to be anywhere near realistic - It's just gotta work. I'd say SSM/PFM would be fine, too. Same idea applies to other aircraft. We have this mindset where "anything less than what I think is 100% realistic sucks" and then "there's not enough data for anything to be perfect so let me keep my expectations the same" and so on...Not a good way to be IMO.

/$0.02

Lord of Salt

• 9 months later...

Me, none of the above ... because I'd like to see bombers :p

I'd say, now that I understand more how getting to work on a plane works, with all the negotiations and papers, they might not be able to do some of the bombers just yet, but with the balance in terms of origin I'd say I'd be happy with anything as long as it's russian.

There should be some kind of a petition to Putin or someone in russia to tell them that with recent upgrades all of that old stuff is only being hidden from the civilian population while everyone else from whom it's hidden in the first place probably doesn't make a difference anymore or they already know it anyway.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I'll try and arrange this in priority order.

The MiG-29 and Su-27 seem unlikely but I'd be very interested in the others

• Su-27S Flanker-B (full fidelity)
  • MiG-29 (full fidelity module, even if early MiG-29 Fulcrum-A)
  • MiG-23M or better
  • Su-17M4
  • MiG-27
  • Su-24 (probably still too classified and improbable)
  • MiG-21F-13/MiG-21S (I know we already have a -21Bis but I like my variants)
  • Yak-38M
  • MiG-19S (I know we're getting a -19P)
  • MiG-9FS
  • Yak-28 (P, I)
  • Il-28
  • Tu-22KD/Tu-22M (I'll take a Tu-22 AI for now, the current Tu-22M is good for AI)
  • Tu-16 (I'll take AI)
  • Tu-126 (even if AI)
  • Tu-142 (upgraded AI model, and/or player controlled)
  • Tu-160 (I know it's AI but is in a dire need for upgraded graphics)
  • An-71 (I know it was cancelled but maybe a what-if?)
  • An-24 or An-32 (player controlled)

The problem with more modern flankers (27SM and above) is that ED could face legal action if they go for it - because they're classified.

I think it's safe to say that things like the Su-30, Su-34, MiG-29M, MiG-31, MiG-35 aren't coming for a very long time (when they're out of service).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

F-14 and F-4 on the table and non word about soviet counterparts...

Mig-23, Mig-25. Tons of documents, museums with display units. Pilots still living to be part of the development.

Probably after they watch “Nu, pogodi” again they come out with a Soviet fighter... (kidding)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 and F-4 on the table and non word about soviet counterparts...

Mig-23, Mig-25. Tons of documents, museums with display units. Pilots still living to be part of the development.

Probably after they watch “Nu, pogodi” again they come out with a Soviet fighter... (kidding)

There has been words about Mig-23.

ED said "Don't worry, we are not giving those to anyone ;)".

So read that as you want...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.