Evasive manoeuvres

morgon

See amongst others these threads:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1435151#post1435151

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1224839#post1224839

That said, the A10 is just too slow to actively Dance with the Devil, so to speak. Your best bet is to avoid threats altogether and if not, attend to DEAD or keep your eyes open for the launch. In your favour the A.I. usually gives you sufficient, although not by much, warning of a launch in order to avoid the impact if you know what you're doing - Countermeasures help too, dependant on threat, of course.

Against a crafty human you'd better pack your doggie-bag for the silky ride to terra firma :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

best make mrs a tea first though to keep her sweet noexpression.gif

Green or Blue milk? Best you get it right - My missus strings me up when I don't :P

Firing up pc now to watch tracks from your threads :thumbup:

Jest aside, dependant on which version you are playing the tracks with, there could be track playback issues. I seem to recall they were captured with 1.1.1.1 so if you are using World and have difficulties let me know and I can always attempt to re-capture and upload again.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm finding when I'm working up high to get away from many of the mission available SAMs (20k keeps you out of trouble from most of the common threats moving with armored formations except sa8s) if something DOES take a poke at you a course correction is frequently a reasonable solution- albeit a very quick correction is needed about 90 degrees. But if you're loaded up this correction will strip away your speed which is already low. Next missile fires you're probably either going to need to drop everything while trying to stay one step ahead...or point your nose down. Do that once and lose 5000 feet and guess what- you just put yourself in The envelope of a wide variety of popular threats. Then while you're busy losing more altitude to deal with these problems- you wander in to manpad threats. And you're stuck down there because it takes you about 20 minutes to get back up to 20k and you can't duck out of sight by flying in a straight line because itll take you 5 minutes at least to get out of range.

GG said it best over at simhq... Mission designers are loading up missions with these threats yet the a-10 would seldom, if ever be working in areas sAturated with medium to long range Sam threats. I fully expect there to be shoulder launched threats- but multi layered defenses would be dealt with by specialized aircraft- just like we don't expect f-16s to do our jobs. I wouldn't expect an AWACS aircraft to destroy a tank any more than we should be fighting for our lives just to drop ordinance on a target.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art