Fog - not usable in Lockon

After much testing with the settings in the graphich.cfg I can say with much confidence that using fog in a mission only causes massive pop-up of object. This graphics option is very poorly implemented with objects not being covered in fog and just being rendered at a shorter distance to the player. very poor.

Therefore the fog option is not usable in Lockon - shame

Anyone that has settings that does not do this then please post them

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

popping up objects dont bother me when flying through fog, especially in fog through mountains.

why . i have my eyes closed :)

hehe.

in all seriousness, i know what you mean, when landing on kuznetsov in full fog parking becomes a problem as the fog distance is relative to a centre of an object, eg setting fog to 10m vis means the kuznetsov will becoming 'invisibal' when on the stern

previously the fog would make objects semi transparent. 1.01 :)

Savage 77th Squadron 'S77th' http://www.s77th.com

The Lomac League, For Squadrons & Single Players http://www.LomacLeague.com

dantesig.gif

It will take years for company like ED to develop a new engine that has "truly working" weather - like f.e. MS Flight Simulator 2004 does.

I guess we need to be happy with what we have now in LockOn, and wait and see what ED comes up with in next 3-5years.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

It will take years for company like ED to develop a new engine that has "truly working" weather - like f.e. MS Flight Simulator 2004 does.

I guess we need to be happy with what we have now in LockOn, and wait and see what ED comes up with in next 3-5years.

Address an issue than in early version works (HAZE) it´s not the same that develop a new weather engine.

smoke rockets work............turn on fog at any setting and smoke rockets dont show, turn fog off......smoke rockets work.

I believe this issue is easy to address, you would launch a hotfix, is annoying not have the chance to chose the posibility of flying in bad weather conditions. This issue worked in past, I don´t undertand why is not addressed in this recent patch. For the other sim´s aspects, the patch is awesome.

Take it in accound

smoke rockets work............turn on fog at any setting and smoke rockets dont show, turn fog off......smoke rockets work.

I have tested that wolf. Smoke rockets work for me with fog and without it.

I'll post screenshots today when I'm back if you wish.

tail# 44 or 444

suddently the objects shows/disapears, not in increments like old versions (1.02), try landing at carrier with fog and you´ll see it. I tried varios drivers and have my comp optimized with very few resources (12) started from reboot and using fsautostart some times.

The fog and pop-up issue is a bug - it worked well in 1.00 and 1.01. It definitely linked to the dxrenderer.dll and needs to be fixed as it detracts massively from the immersion factor. REALLY disappointed it was not addressed in the patch - may be a hot fix???

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Ok, I'm back from work, now looking into my directory.

I’ve notice that they are now 2 graphics files,

1. graphicsd.cfg that contains:

Renderer = "DXRendererD.dll";

Plugin1 = "MitkaGraphicsD.dll";

Plugin2 = "ZweiBlauD.dll";

Plugin3 = "AVIMakerD.dll";

Plugin4 = "WeatherD.dll";

Plugin5 = "RenderEffectsD.dll";

GrEffects = "EffectsD.dll";

2. graphics.cfg that contains:

Renderer = "DXRenderer.dll";

Plugin1 = "MitkaGraphics.dll";

Plugin2 = "ZweiBlau.dll";

Plugin3 = "AVIMaker.dll";

Plugin4 = "Weather.dll";

GrEffects = "Effects.dll";

Plugin5 = "RenderEffects.dll";

Noticing also same dll files but with a ”D”.

Now which of them that FC really uses with ver.1.11?

Can ED or Beta testers tell me which properties each of these dll does?

Also I’m not presently using Loman. As of yet, I’ve not confirmed the fog & smoke effect bug on my rig, still in testing. But I have to admit, that Initially when I used Loman to add some skins and so forth, without playing with the graphics setting with this software, since I wanted every graphics settings to be in, its initial states.

I’ve noticed some strange behavior with the smoke effect. This again, with previous versions. Wondering if that has any relevance into this present issue.

screenshot0008ep.jpg

screenshot0020ya.jpg

As you can see, smoke rockets does appear with fog. Again, for my rig. So much variance between, each computers.

All looks fine for now. But still testing...

Intel P4 3.0G 1MB (530) 800FSB LGA775 HT Retail

Asus P5P800 motherboard, Intel 865PE

Kingston 1024MB (1GB) DUAL Channel DDR400 Cas Latency 2.5

Nvidia BFG 6800GT/OC

Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Cheers

Guest ruggbutt

It takes a while for the smoke to billow, but I'm seeing it no problem. I took the A10 quickstart mission and added ground fog. AMD64 3200, 6800GT, 81.85 Forceware Drivers. Also, the more fog the shorter distance from the target it is before you see it. The other thing I noticed was that fog caused very short Mav K lockup distances, and caused me some misses w/Mav D shots. In the original quickstart mission I haven't missed w/Mavs. Nice job ED. Great touch!

wp_fog.jpg

With fog weather effcts, I AM seeing the smoke from the lau-61 wp, however, the more fog there is, the closer you have to be to see it (at a certain distance it disappears). Perhaps this was done on purpose (more fog = shorter viewable distance, makes sense).

I have tested that wolf. Smoke rockets work for me with fog and without it.

I'll post screenshots today when I'm back if you wish.

So here are the screenshots.

Smoke rockets work very good here.

There's actually very nice transition when they came into view. The pillar of orange smoke like smoothly fades in to view out of the fog and the closer you are it quickly fades in..

It's nicely made actually.

Here are the screenshots (attached) when the smoke came fully into view.

tail# 44 or 444