Newbie (sort of) needing advice with Guns and unguided Rockets

Hi

Can somebody give me some advice to improve my aimming skills with guns and rockets?

I've attached a track just to ilustrate how much I suck... even there is a part at the end where I'm trying to destroy a truck with main gun and the bullets hit just behind the truck.. twice :cry:

Anyway... please Toad lovers, help.

P.S: The track was made using DCS World 1.2.0. Sorry for the labels and got them on and configured to show black dots for all (enemies and allies)

Gun and Rockets.trk

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

rockets are a short range weapon, ripple shots help (more the one shot) help with the offset, also a-10c can handle low speed well, slowing down will give you more time, also if your off target left or right, using the rudder instead of the stick can help.

also make sure you have laser turned on and you know what crosshair your useing to fire.

other then that practice helps, the gun is easier then rockets to start out on. try and run in on slow straight angles so you can setup if possible if no anti air is around, high attack angles help.

Call Sign -Winter-

"The North Never Forgets"

Can somebody give me some advice to improve my aimming skills with guns and rockets?

I've attached a track just to ilustrate how much I suck... even there is a part at the end where I'm trying to destroy a truck with main gun and the bullets hit just behind the truck.. twice :cry:

Anyway... please Toad lovers, help.

Yeah - I have found that labels completely destroy my perception - a wall of day-glo text that completely flummoxes my peepers. Turn them off :)

As for your attack runs, gain altitude and drop in on them from above. Herewith a quick track illustrating the principle - I always find that it is easier to show than attempt to explain - things might get 'Lost in Translation' so to speak.

As per the track, I engage an Abrams MBT, a Bradley IFV, a LVTP-7 IFV and a HMMVW Armament with rockets and finally a Bradley IFV with the cannon. Pay little attention to the appalling accuracy on the cannon run :D Rather concentrate on the attack profile, that and ignoring the big no-no of overflying the target. As said, do not worry about the subtleties at present - just concentrate on your altitude and attack-profile for now, ie drop on them from altitude, fire and extend. I personally prefer a steeper dive-angle than the track illustrates but that will come with time. For now just attempt to replicate it as you see it in the track.

M1 Abrams kill - S-25

Bradley kill - S-13

LVTP-7 and HMMVW kill - S-8KOM

Neglected soft-skinned vehicles but principle is the same, albeit with different S-8 rockets.

Track: Rockets and Cannon.trk

Hope that helps :)

Edit: Wrong track uploaded when originally posted - new one uploaded now.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

@Mar044 Thanks Dude... thumbup.gif

Yeah - I have found that labels completely destroy my perception - a wall of day-glo text that completely flummoxes my peepers. Turn them off smile.gif

I know what you mean and as I said I'm not using full labels but dots instead, dots causes less clutter but then it can be confusing when using rockets or the gun... crap... it's that a tank or a dot?huh.gif

I just use them when I'm really frustrated because of I can't find my target

M1 Abrams kill - S-25

Bradley kill - S-13

LVTP-7 and HMMVW kill - S-8KOM

Hope that helps smile.gif

Sure it helped me... after seeing your track it's clear the areas where I need to improve

1.- Learn to not get target fixated. I crashed a couple of time while practicing with your track.

2.- Learn how to position myself for the attack. I thought that dive bombing was just for free fall bombs... but now I know it applies to rockets and guns too, they all are ballistics objects after all, aren't they?

2.- Learn to manage my speed while attacking targets...

3.- Learn to identify targets and use the right weapon. On my first attempt with your track I managed to destroy all targets excepts the Abrams, but that was because I used S-8KOM rockets wich, according to specs on internet, only have a 400mm penetrating warhead... the M1 Abrams is reported to have 700mm against HEAT... go figuredoh.gif

Anyway... many thanks for the track and for taking time to anwser my RFH... I know you must be very busy biggrin.gif

Reagards

Edited by fzfq3m

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS