Quick question about BRU-42LS pod(TER ejector) i think lol

theroc44

Hello i've been messing around with payload options for the a-10 and i'm kind of stumped about something. The BRU-42LS pod under pod options if im not mistaken looks exactly like the TER ejector hardpoint attachment. Basically just wanted to know is the LAU-88 TER a standard triple ejector? Or is the BRU-42 LS another type of TER harpoint attachment that i dont fully understand how to attach mulitlple ordinance to? Or is it a triple ejector loaded with no ordinance on purpose? LOL any help would be apperciated thanks :thumbup:

The BRU-42 is externally similar to the TER-9; both of which are Triple Ejector Racks suitable for a wide range of stores. The BRU-42 Improved TER (ITER) has mostly internal electrical improvents over the TER-9. Neither of these are "pods" in the true sense of the word - they are more accurately described as suspension equipment or racks.

The LAU-88 is a dedicated triple rack for use solely with the AGM-65 series of missiles. Single AGM-65s are loaded on a LAU-117.

Choosing any of these racks in the payload editor results in loading only the rack; no weapons will be suspended from them. The appropriate racks are automatically loaded when you select certain weapons. For instance, selecting "AGM-65x2" will automatically load a LAU-88, "MK-82x3" will automatically load a TER, etc.

Edited by BlueRidgeDx

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Actually i find this an important feature! You should always be able to load all types of ordnance and pods. This included things like fuel pods, travel pods and empty racks. You can even use them! Imagine you create a mission that starts with you on your way back to base. Some empty racks increase the immersion of that because you have fired that weapons on your mission. Its a pity that you cannot load one single Maverick on a LAU-88.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...