A question for the wise

And very easy and effective to use it is. Much better IMO than the A-10/F-15 system.

HEC 435W PSU | ASRock 939Dual SATA2 | AMD64 3700+ | 2G PC3200 DDR RAM

ASUS X1950PRO 256MB | Audigy 2 | Saitek X45 | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR3 Pro

To be honest, I still got no idea how the ils works in the a10/f15 :| From now on I'll be known as the experienced noob :p

The ils in the russian jets is sweet, but I often ignore it when landing, especially on the kuz, resulting in very "special" glidepaths (ie either coming down with full flaps and brakes, or just making it over the deck's edge)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I dont know why but ILS always makes me crash. trying to follow the glideslope rigorously makes me overcontroll, Im better off in visual landings.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I dont know why but ILS always makes me crash. trying to follow the glideslope rigorously makes me overcontroll, Im better off in visual landings.

Me too. I got used to landing WWII birds in IL2 so I'm pretty comfortable with the mechanics of landing. Which means I only crash now and then :icon_jook

I've been playing with the LOMAC ILS systems for the learning value. I find the F-15 the toughest to follow and usually wind up ignoring it and going visual during the final 20-30 seconds or so.

I guess ILS really comes into its own landing in a pea soup fog or a power cut at the old airbase.

It occurs to me I should set up a test mission with zero visibility - if that's possible - and try landing IFR only. That should be invigorating :)

HEC 435W PSU | ASRock 939Dual SATA2 | AMD64 3700+ | 2G PC3200 DDR RAM

ASUS X1950PRO 256MB | Audigy 2 | Saitek X45 | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR3 Pro

That's because one you're on the glideslope you're supposed to -maintain- it, not chase it. A touch over or under is ok, just don't completely lose it.

Once on glideslope, put the FPI on -2.5/-3 degrees on the HUD and KEEP IT THERE.

Perfect glidepath, no need to look a the needles for anything other than confirmation that you're on glideslope ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda