Different font?

Ride

Hey guys,

Just wondering if the font that appears on the screen during radio commands, warnings etc has changed for anyone else with DCS World or is it just me??

Its a small issue I know, but it looks crap...

Thanks!

I liked the old font better too. It was easier to read

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I agree, the font is too bold for it's point size.

I'm at work so don't have it in front of me, but if I recall correctly it also looks like it has a black outline, which if it was larger would improve legibility, but at it's current size it just looks a bit messy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Happy now?!:

ReadMe.txt:

Bigger and better readable Radio Menu for DCS 1.2.0

1. Backup

RadioCommandDialogPanel folder

in

DCS World\Scripts\UI\

copy

CommandDialogsPanel.lua

and

CommandMenu.lua

to

DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel and Overwrite

See "Radio Menu Edit Instruction.jpg" for changes

and detailed instruction.

-PeterP

31-8-2012

attachment.php?attachmentid=68796&stc=1&d=1343761314

Download:

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1520861#post1520861

Edited by PeterP

No - I don't know how to bring back what was able to do in 1.1.1.1

>>> Drag/Drop and Click-able Radio Communication menu

BUT....

I'm right now working at a AHK script that can interpret mouse gestures (so it will work also on a touch screen).

So you only have to chose a starting point where no click-able item is - and simply"draw" 1,2,3,... to send F1,F2,F3.....

-patience-

have a look how it can work:

http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=83057&highlight=mouse+gestures

Edited by PeterP

Cool! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

No - I don't know how to bring back what was able to do in 1.1.1.1

>>> Drag/Drop and Click-able Radio Communication menu

BUT....

I'm right now working at a AHK script that can interpret mouse gestures (so it will work also on a touch screen).

So you only have to chose a starting point where no click-able item is - and simply"draw" 1,2,3,... to send F1,F2,F3.....

-patience-

have a look how it can work:

http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=83057&highlight=mouse+gestures

The clickable radio menu was one of my favorite "features", even though it took an edit to accomplish it.

I really don't understand why it isn't a standard feature at this point. Before clickable cockpit switches it was a luxury. With clickable cockpits we all (or at least nearly all) have a mouse next to our joystick while flying. We really ought to be able to use it to do something as common and useful as pick radio messages.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is old, but it is relative. I have tried to post in 2 other sections but have had no responses. I have a 30" monitor running at 2560 x 1600 and all the text was to small for Radio and multiplayer messages. Because of this thread I was able to increase the size of my radio text and it is great. I am unable to find the file that I need to increase the size of the fonts for Multiplayer & chat messages. Does anyone have any feedback? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle