My first skin for the Foxbat

Mizzy

Hi mizzy, i love the foxbat skin you made but i can't get it to work, could anyone here help me out, i read your readme and i don't have the first clue of how to use the cdds browser, so if anyone could tell me a step by step way of installing this skin, or somewhere where i could get the info on how to do it, it would be really appreciated. I actually wished that there were more different skins for the mighty Foxbat.

Please help me guys!!

Thanks for the skin and the help. :)

Hi mizzy, i love the foxbat skin you made but i can't get it to work, could anyone here help me out, i read your readme and i don't have the first clue of how to use the cdds browser, so if anyone could tell me a step by step way of installing this skin, or somewhere where i could get the info on how to do it, it would be really appreciated. I actually wished that there were more different skins for the mighty Foxbat.

Please help me guys!!

Thanks for the skin and the help. :)

I wish I could help but I don't know myself really, I had someone do it for me. All I know is that this Cdds browser was used that comes with Modman (LOMAN). Then you had to find the files and that's where I got lost as it didn't look easy.

So what I am saying is I can't help you, I wish I could be I just don't know how to do it myself.

Can someone help this person and explain how you do it. My Partner works away alot so I can't ask there either.

Mizzy

Hi all and viperace.

I just manually installed them into the temptextures file. I deleted the "-1024x1024" off of the file name and they installed.

-KILSEK

Be honest, what do you think....I can take it...promise :D

Mizzy

hey kilsek, you mean that you grabbed the files and put them on the temp text folder?, that doesn't work for me because the beauty of the addons is that i can change them whenever i want, the way you explain it it's permanent, i think, right?

In reality i have zero clues on how to install any of this stuff on lomac, i don't now what cdds is or where is it, also i cant even find the textures for the individual planes in the folders, that's how lost i am :rolleyes:

So could you give me a detailed post on how to make this work on modman, or a link to a tutorial on how to use the cdds browser?. I tried using it, but on the screen on the top left corner is asking to point towards where the textures are, i don't know where they are so i cant do absolutely nothing on this browser; if anyone could help me it would be really apreciated, i really want to try this skin, hopefully mizzy's friend will be able to help sometime in the future.

Again thanks for the help and patience guys.:D

Hi all.

Mizzy, I like your MiG-25 Foxbat skin. IMO, it adds some spice to that bird, and yeah, you have a great combination of fiction with weathering effects. Hey, if you don't mind me asking, are there other jets in LO/FC that you have thought about skinning? The reason I am asking: Keep up the good work. I too am looking forward to your next skin. :cool:

viperace, I do not think it is permanant. It should not be since I did not delete anything. About the CDDS, yeah, I don't know either. I used the search and read that folks were installing skins in the temptexture folder, and that's what I did. It did not work the first or second time when I verified where I put it. So I re-read the posts, looked at the 2 files, figured the name may be a prob, edited, it worked like a charm, and if I ever decide to switch it(which will never happen Mizzy, :D ) I think all I have to do is move those 2 files and the original should default itself back into place.

BTW, I d/l Modman, but have not installed it yet, so I cannot help you there.

-KILSEK

Mizzy,

Looking at your excellent work on the Foxbat you must be our last hope to transform the poor ugly little Su-25T humpback into a prince charming!

OK, it's an ogre by all accounts but I know deep inside there is a noble heart. :=)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you all for the VERY kind words. I did get some help I am afraid with the skin as I didn't know how to weather using Paintshop.

Yes I am working on a new skin for the Mig 23, Mig 27, F5, Su17 (what a brute) and some other things but I am back to work next week so no idea when they will be finished. :(

Before Christmas :)

Mizzy.

Thanks Thomas for the link of the modman 5 pack this one works, appreciate the help guys, now i can enjoy this great skin, and missy, thanks!!!! :)

I have been waiting for a new skin for the foxbat since lomac 1.0, GREAT WORK, can wait for the other skins, real nice thanks for the time invested Mizzy!.

Keep up the good work :D.

Note: Thanks Kilsek for the help, with this new link for the pack posted by thomas i'll be happy;thanks for the help.