Synchronize cockpit controls

dburne

Hey gang,

New to this series, I have DCS World with the BS2 and A-10C modules for it.

Under the DCS options, misc tab I think - there is a " synchronize cockpit controls with hotas at mission start" box. It is not selected by default.

I have the TM Warthog.

What exactly is this for, and should I select it?

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You didn't tried it?

... you will start with a paused mission every time but an active cockpit. This will give you the posibility to syncronise the switch position with your controllers. - Than you can start the mission.

It's very useful for people with a own cockpit build.

Edit:

Forget this posting it's absolute Bull :)

Edited by PeterP

No, I don't think that's it. I've never had an active pause at the start of missions (have that turned off). I think this option automatically reads switch positions on the HOTAS and sets the in-game controls appropriately.

Or am I confused?

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Forget my post above - this is absolute Bull ...

I last used this function while Warthog was still beta.

I had a try and and saw that remembrance didn't matches with how it works right now.

I also don't know what gave me this impression.

Sorry.

:)

Many thanks guys, that certainly makes sense and I will go select it now so it is in place for when I start my training.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have used this option in a couple of my missions(sort of)... Its supposed to synchronize the games HOTAS settings with your HOTAS positions. For example, you start a mission with your throttle in the full forward position, then the in game throttle position would be in the full forward position. It would also be that way for any custom built pits, if a switch is on or up, then it should be on or up in the game.

However, the "Prevent controls sync trigger" in the mission editor which is used in my missions is broken. Its quite possible along this same line that the entire controls sync system is currently broken in world. It worked fine in 1.1.1.1

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

^^^^ this gives me a little confidence that I'm not insane.

Thanks Bigfoot!

Forget my post above - this is absolute Bull ...

I last used this function while Warthog was still beta.

I had a try and and saw that remembrance didn't matches with how it works right now.

I also don't know what gave me this impression.

Sorry.

smile.gif

Ok so now I wonder about something else...

Obviously it would seem by having this option selected, would be ideal for using with A-10C and the TM Warthog.

But, how would one know what positions to have all the toggle switches on the throttle, set to when first starting a mission? I am really new to the sim, and have just started training, in fact only at the HOTAS fundementals portion of the training right now - so maybe this is something that will be explained or learned as I progress through the training?

Thanks for any tips,

Don B

Great, many thanks Nikola!

Don B