Comprehensive VAC profiles for DCS World

New Static ATC Version: For those of you using sthompson's Static ATC Mod for 1.5.6 (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3090920#post3090920), use the alternate Static ATC version of these profiles (included). This will allow you to say, e.g., "Vaziani Tower, Inbound" rather than "Tower 1, Inbound".

Hello all!

I've made some VAC profiles for DCS World for use with the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8, Fw-190, etc. Virtually every DCS aircraft is included. These profiles are exclusively for radio commands, and require you to key your PTT button first, for maximum realism. They're as comprehensive as possible.

Download the "VAC Profiles for DCS and BMS.zip" file to get them.

You should read the profiles through before using them; I've changed some of the terminology to be more standard.

For example, instead of saying "Two Engage Ground Targets," you would say "Two Attack Mud."

DCS: Warthog JTAC is completely unimplemented because the menus are totally context-sensitive.

DCS ATC menus are also context-sensitive, but I fudged it by changing the terminology. So, if you want vectors to the airport...

... and you haven't yet called inbound, say "Alpha Check"

... and you've called inbound, say "Vectors to Final"

... and you've been "handed off" to tower, say "Vectors to Runway"

If you want to cancel your landing clearance...

... and you have called inbound, say "Diverting"

... and you've been "handed off" to tower, say "Going Missed"

... and you've been cleared to land, say "Going Around"

If you want to cancel your takeoff clearance...

... and you are taxiing to the runway, say "Return to Ramp"

... and you're waiting for takeoff clearance, say "Cancel Takeoff"

... and you've been given takeoff clearance, say "Aborted Takeoff"

See the VAC profile for details.

Everything is said in one complete phrase. So for example you would say "Two attack armor with rockets from the east" without any pauses, and it will run all the keystrokes at the end.

Note that DCS now displays different menus depending on the number of AWACS/tankers/JTACs in the mission. So, if there are two tankers, you will see "F6 Tanker...", and then the next screen will have you choose which tanker you want. If there is only one, you will see "F6 Tanker - Texaco..." and the next screen will be the options for that tanker. To handle the former case in VAC, you must speak, e.g., "Tanker one request rejoin." To handle the latter case, you would speak "Tanker request rejoin." Just do a quick visual scan of the menu when you key the mic to learn which phraseology to use.

Nerds:

I've written a VAC profile generator in Ruby that generates VAC profiles from an easy-to-use DSL. You're welcome to download the profile generator and write and generate your own VAC profiles! See http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83437 for more information.

Comprehensive VAC Profiles for DCS BMS.zip

Edited by Stretch
  • Like 1

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

• 4 weeks later...
Cool, thanks Stretch.... rep inbound.

I have fiddled with VAC for A-10C, but had not figured out a good way to handle the changes in menus based on context of situation. Good job, this helps.

You can try this mod

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=82529&highlight=vac+radio+menu

but I don't think it works totally the DCS world Yet.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

What program are you using. I've wanted to use vac for A10c world. I was looking in to this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Updated for DCS World 1.2.6 and added the Mi-8. Changes:

- Added Mi-8

- Support for "AWACS declare"

- Support for both nested tanker/AWACS/JTAC menus when multiple units are in the map and also the top-level menus when a single unit is in the map. See the first post for details.

- Tweaked some phraseology; review VAC profiles to ensure you're using the correct phrasing

Download link is on the first post.

• Like 1

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

• 1 year later...

Tested your profile today. I was not able to use the ATC stuff (Static ATC mod installed). Because there were no phrases assigned in VAC. In addition, I can't find actions to assign my SPI to my wingman. Nevertheless, great work!

PS: Only tested for the A10

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have used VAC for several years without any issues. When I load up this program (either one), it works fine in the test program in VAC. However, when I try to use the profile in game, nothing happens. I have checked everything and cannot locate my error. I use F14 through AutoHotKey in order to activate VAC in game and have done so for several other VAC profiles with no issue.

Any thoughts. I am using a standard US keyboard.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I purchased this program a few years ago but never set it up.

Now I have a new system which has Windows 10 on it.

Does anybody know IF VAC will work in Windows 10 and/or if I have to do anything particular to get it to work on Win 10 ?

And finally, for those familiar with VAC, are you also familiar with VoiceAttack ?

What are your opinions of each and should I consider purchasing the latter ?

I have to say, neither looks easy to set up. They both look like they can get very complicated while being able to do some amazing things once you get the hang of it.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I purchased this program a few years ago but never set it up.

Now I have a new system which has Windows 10 on it.

Does anybody know IF VAC will work in Windows 10 and/or if I have to do anything particular to get it to work on Win 10 ?

And finally, for those familiar with VAC, are you also familiar with VoiceAttack ?

What are your opinions of each and should I consider purchasing the latter ?

I have to say, neither looks easy to set up. They both look like they can get very complicated while being able to do some amazing things once you get the hang of it.

I would recommend VA. It is fairly easy to setup following the instructions. It works on Window 10 systems. There is also an extension pack called Vaicom Pro...would also recommend as it has a lot of commands already programmed for you.

Snowtiger

I have both VA and VAC. Both work with win10. VAC is much simpler to learn and use, but is also less powerful. I created simple commands with VAC, mainly the comms menu F keys and it works fine.

VA is a major step up in complexity but is far more powerful, especially when combined with Viacom.

Since you already have VAC, I would suggest using it for the comms menu and maybe just a few other things. If you like using it, then make the jump to VA. VA has a free trial version to compare with VAC. VA is far more advanced than VAC, but at a cost of complexity.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Snowtiger

I have both VA and VAC. Both work with win10. VAC is much simpler to learn and use, but is also less powerful. I created simple commands with VAC, mainly the comms menu F keys and it works fine.

VA is a major step up in complexity but is far more powerful, especially when combined with Viacom.

Since you already have VAC, I would suggest using it for the comms menu and maybe just a few other things. If you like using it, then make the jump to VA. VA has a free trial version to compare with VAC. VA is far more advanced than VAC, but at a cost of complexity.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm not opposed to new software IF Needed, but I was truly hoping what I already have still works and is likely sufficient for all I intend to use it for.

And IF I need to increase functionality, then I can consider an alternative such as VoiceAttack.

I appreciate both replies to my post/questions. But the latter is exactly what I needed to hear. I'm going to get onto it right away (and stop just thinking about it !).

SnowTiger:joystick: