Improved Modifier And Switch Behaviour

Puddlemonkey

When setting keyboard / joystick mappings, I would like to see an option for modifier and switches to affect only the keys / buttons which they have a an assignment with the modifier in it.

For example, if I have BTN4 of my joystick set as a modifier, when I hold it down, all those keys with an assignment which includes it have a different behaviour to when I don't. That's good - how we want it to be. However, when I hold BTN4, all keys without a BTN4 assignment do nothing.

What I would like is the option to set modifiers / switches so that when held, all keys without the BTN4 assignment behave as if no modifier / switch is pressed.

This can be achieved already by laboriously assigning the default assignment to every button and key which you want to work whilst the modifier / switch is pressed.

Another useful option would be to have have a time limit setting after which switches automatically deactivate.

• 3 months later...

I agree with this, and along the same lines, if I use a modifier that remains in place (like the Dogfight switch on the HOTAS), it also prevents me from using the communications menu (Function keys) unless I switch back into "neutral". I would hope that key commands independent of the lua file could also be independent of modifiers, or is there a way I can work around this for now?

• 8 months later...