X52pro mfd no longer useless!!!!!!

Hey, if you have an X52Pro, I have news.

I have made some progress with my set up you might like.

Bad news is I am still learning and Blackshark 1 is my learning grounds.

If you still have black shark 1 and an X52Pro try this:

Make sure you have Lua for windows(free)installed.

Get this Dll from here http://super-hornet.com/download/

then save you Export.lua and replace with this one.

I am still working on it ,but progress is good and I just want to share and encourage.

I am also working on the Saitek flight instrument panel, It's more complicated or I am making it so.

A big shout out to Chillrith for making the Saitek for lua DLL.

Peace out:smartass:

Export.lua

Edited by algerad3
spreading some love

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

I forgot something.

I forgot to mention that this script requires the Saitek fip drivers installed.

Even if you only have the X52Pro. It includes the new directoutput dll and works for both the X52pro and the fip.

Also , it may be something I am doing wrong but sometimes directouput freezes. Sim still runs ,only mfd freezes.

If some of the numbers and names get mangled don't freak out.

The drivers are a bit screwy for the 64 bit machines. It has been pointed out in the Saitek forums.

More screwball happiness......

Export.lua

It enables the mfd to display data from the simulator. Currently I have it displaying Radar altidude, Baro altitude, Indicated airspeed.left and right fuel quantity (in percentages ) Rotor rpm (in percentages) Rotor Pitch (%)

Engine rpm (%)

Give me a minute and I will put up pictures.

That's great news. Thanks Algerad3.

You've mentioned BS1. How about BS2 or BS2W?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

o.k first off I sent pictures last night and they are not showing up.

I am sure I can get it set up for blackshark 2 and the rest of the sims , just need to figure a few things out. Blackshark 2 does not work the same as 1.

give me a few days and I will have something .

My goal is to get a few things working and then put together a quick tutorial on how to make your own set up.

GEDC0004.thumb.JPG.cd388217228df7ff785a469c06e93f93.JPG

Here is a pic of both radar and baro alti.

The pic above was of the rotor rpm and pitch as a %.

I should mention that updating before next frame kinda distorts the numbers

I need to set it on a slower pace.

GEDC0005.thumb.JPG.34b218062dbb1ae44ca6b2cf477f2a69.JPG

here I am showing engine rpms, ler is left engine rpm and rer is right engine rpm.

Can you guess which engine just got shot to Sh1t?

My next step is to incorporate buttons into the mix, I want to display radio frequencies and then change them using the scroll wheel, after that I will get the lights to function per conditions.

Once I am more familiar with what I am doing , I will get things working for Shark 2, Warthog and p51.

Then it will be about the flight instrument panels for mfds and gauges.

GEDC0006.thumb.JPG.594406d461b00cb5ec56c3d64d81d455.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks man. That's really good job. We're waiting further.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I would like to use this panel to display the nav and com radio freqs while in mode 3(blue), the counter measures panel in mode 2(purple) and dms info in mode 3(red). Would this be possible? I've attached a pic I found on the net that someone made to display the nav and com radio info. :)

61434.jpg.ce8cb7a762c77601a9e6869fff31bb3c.jpg

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

I would like to use this panel to display the nav and com radio freqs while in mode 3(blue), the counter measures panel in mode 2(purple) and dms info in mode 3(red). Would this be possible? I've attached a pic I found on the net that someone made to display the nav and com radio info. :)

That is an FSX pic.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is an FSX pic.

is it possible for A-10?

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

is it possible for A-10?

If the OP can translate his work from BS1 to DCS World then it just might be. The FSX stuff comes from Saitek, for any other sim you are on your own.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Actually , I was looking for ideas to display. I am not sure if I can get things to change by modes but I will look into it.

Right now I have to figure out how to get the dll. to function in Black Shark 2.

Now that I think of it , let me see what I can do with dcs world , maybe better luck.

Will report back soon.

O.k , It seems that the new lua dll for black shark 2, a-10 and dcs world is either missing a needed library. It does not allow the saitek dll to function as it does in blackshark 1 . I will have to find a way around that little bugger.

So, it may take a little while until I figure that out , when I do , it should be smooth sailing .

Thanks Alrgerad3. We're waiting for you in patient. :)

In case you guys didn't see it theres an X52Pro script using DirectOutput already in the game files (DCS World\Scripts\X52pro ) From what I can tell it just is an example and changes the fire button red. I tinkered with it a long time ago but it's a bit beyond my .lua skills.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Hey, if you have an X52Pro, I have news.

I have made some progress with my set up you might like.

Bad news is I am still learning and Blackshark 1 is my learning grounds.

If you still have black shark 1 and an X52Pro try this:

Make sure you have Lua for windows(free)installed.

Get this Dll from here http://super-hornet.com/download/

then save you Export.lua and replace with this one.

I am still working on it ,but progress is good and I just want to share and encourage.

I am also working on the Saitek flight instrument panel, It's more complicated or I am making it so.

A big shout out to Chillrith for making the Saitek for lua DLL.

Peace out:smartass:

GREAT NEWS!!!! :joystick:

This make me feel too much better about my choice to bought this HOTAS and not the CH stick or other brands...

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

In case you guys didn't see it theres an X52Pro script using DirectOutput already in the game files (DCS World\Scripts\X52pro ) From what I can tell it just is an example and changes the fire button red. I tinkered with it a long time ago but it's a bit beyond my .lua skills.

I am afraid that they (ED) commented out a portion of the code because it caused frequent crashes. Also the dll I am using provides access to both the Flight Instrument panel and the X52Pro.

I keep getting "not a valid win 32 application" error.

Any chance that anyone can tell me what is different between the lua files in Blackshark 1 and all the new modules ( blackshark2, A-10,P-51, Dcs world)? File sizes have changed and some modules are new.

Or maybe can I start a new instance lua 5.1 from Export.lua.

I am trying to keep it simple , But I might have to create something from the ground up(way above my current level, but I can't find the strength to quit book.gif ).

Time for me to go to schooling, I figured out why it (saitek dll ) work. The Blackshark 1 lua .exe and associated files are 32 bit while all the other modules were converted to 64 bit. That means I will have to create an independent program to open lua for windows (32 bit) in another thread / core while the Dcs Lua (64 bit) operates separately. YEA Me !!!!!!!

I would use those MFD functions with my Saitek X52 Pro, if they would work properly...

so, you definitely have our interest..

thank you,

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I noticed that I spelled your handle wrong in a previous post.

My apologies.

I need a little time to sort things out and see if this works. Currently I get a " not a valid win 32 program" or whatever error with the new dll in both Black shark 1 and 2.

as stated earlier the original dll plays nicely with black shark 1 and lua for windows is not needed. I will post more as time permits.

once again thanks.