Multiplayer Score

Puddlemonkey

I would like to see the ability to manipulate scores in multiplayer. It could be a trigger action which adds or removes points from a particular unit (one which is a client of course).

Currently, I think you gain or lose points for killing units only. It would be good to be able to add additional bonus points for achieving an objective, or achieving it quickly. Most importantly, you could penalize for not following orders, straying into foreign airspace or killing targets of the wrong type.

It would enable multiplayer to be more about the mission tasks and less about shooting stuff.

Hmmmm, I dunno. I think you score missions 2 ways. EITHER you set bonus points for whatever (you set your parameters in the ME), OR you just leave it blank and it scores your mission for just what your and your flight manage to kill. They are mutually exclusive scoring systems for the purposes of advancing or not advaning along the campaign ladder -- or at least this is what my testing in SP has revealed.

What you describe might well be feasible in MP, haven't gotten to the point where I can realiably test for that yet.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]