Anyone using Mission Generator for "general battlefield" stuff?

Megagoth1702

Hey folks.

Just asking... Is anyone using the MG in order to have a "base" for the mission?

I just discovered it yesterday and probably will be playing with it in order to get massive battles going.

If yes, how do you use it (scenarios), how much do you edit the generated mission etc.

Anyone played with templates yet? Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Yeah I did and then removed all the waypoints etc since it was also using Combined Arms players.

Generally I just start from scratch though... hehe.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Yes I have played with templates a bit, back in beta phases of A-10C. I've also messed around a bit with the mission generator files, to try to add goals, triggers, etc. into the MG missions. My goal was to mass-produce enough missions to build a very very large campaign, but the missions would need to be 80-90% ready to go -- with goals and triggers and all that, so that I would not have to spend a lot of time editing each one later. Was partially successfull, but not enough so that I could achieve the goal. Some things would need to be added by hand.

What I could not do was create static items, such as EW and SAM sites, that would be in the same place each time. You could add them using templates, but you would still need to adjust their location.

But if you are just wanting to use it to build a mission or two, then MG is fine for that, if you don't mind going a bit of editing.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]