Mig-21

Is there any plan to include a flyable Mig-21 into Lomac in the future?

If not, is there any simulator that is as realistic as Lomac which allows you to fly the Mig-21 and simulates everything about the Mig-21 as accurately as Lomac simulates its flyable planes?

Поздрав Мајсторовићу,

Незнам да ли си упознат са радом виртуелне =4c= ескадриле? Сврати до нас на http://www.4c-squad.co.yu јави нам се на форуму па ако имаш времена можемо заједно да пичимо на виртуалном небу.

Ја лично нисам много активан у задњих неколико недеља, али тамо су остали момци са којима можеш да летиш.

Поздрав,

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

No, to both questions.

That sucks. Mig-21 is the most numerous plane in service so you'd think someone would've written a simulator for it...

Поздрав Мајсторовићу,

Незнам да ли си упознат са радом виртуелне =4c= ескадриле? Сврати до нас на www.4c-squad.co.yu јави нам се на форуму па ако имаш времена можемо заједно да пичимо на виртуалном небу.

Ја лично нисам много активан у задњих неколико недеља, али тамо су остали момци са којима можеш да летиш.

Поздрав,

Хвала за позив али тек сам купио ову игру пре неколико дана па се још нисам упознао сњом. Али лепо је што има и наших овде.

Nice, but that just lets you fly around. I was hoping for a combat sim that accurately simulates the avionics of the Mig-21. I want to shoot down planes with an R-13 missile.

It would also be of limited use online. Low combat persistence and horrible authonomy.

It would be sexy for fight in the phone booth scenarios that some put up on HL though ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It would also be of limited use online. Low combat persistence and horrible authonomy.

It would be sexy for fight in the phone booth scenarios that some put up on HL though ;)

Anyone here ever play Air Warrior? Anyone here remember the Yak-9D?

For those that dont, let me fire up the Wayback machine and take you back to the mid nineties. Then, there was a wonderland of a WW2 air combat simulator call Air Warrior (Or just AW). They had a wonderful selection of aircraft that ran the spectrum of capabilities. But there was one plane that didn't really fit in.

It was underarmed, underpowered, and had no business even being in the various arenas. This aircraft was the Yak-9D. It was said that you had to be suicidal to fly it against the FW-190's and P-38's and (the demon of demons) the Spitfire. But there were those who would take this crippled aircraft up with but one mission: To humiliate anyone that got in their crosshairs! Thus, the Yak-attack was born.

Flash forward to Lomac. I see the MiG-21, if introduced, filling that role. The aircraft that someone would fly screaming 'Screw your TWS and AMRAAMS, I'm kicking your a** anyways!', and then do so. I welcome that day when it comes :D

I have often thought that it would be rather interesting to see ED do a flight sim that focussed only on the Vietnam era aircraft. To try an aircraft modelled by ED in the form of a Mig-21, Mig-23, F4-Phantom etc....that would be fun I bet.

Whenever a vietnam era SIM is out, theres always MOD's out there trying to bring 3rd generation aicraft ingame but with the limitation of no MFD's modeled.

It would be more interesting to build a SIM based on 3rd generation fighters with MOD'ing potential, so that all jet models could in theory be made just by ommiting high tech items.

While a vietnam SIM brings a bit of sweet nostalgia, your stuck with rather innefective weapons array and you have to dogfight with a flying brick.

Of course this only my opinion...

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It would be more interesting to build a SIM based on 3rd generation fighters with MOD'ing potential, so that all jet models could in theory be made just by ommiting high tech items.

Wouldn't it be the other way around? There would be more things you'd have to simulate for the 2nd gen jets, and the 3rd gen jets would have it left out. For example an F-15 when firing a missile, the computer takes care of everything, you just lock on and fire, whereas firing a missile with a Mig-21 is much more complicated and requires the pilot to do a lot more than just lock on and fire.

Thanks to whoever suggested Wings Over Vietnam, I hadn't heard about it, checking it out now.

Actually, in a MiG-21 the difference may potentially only be the lack of HOTAS and the numebr of switches you must flip (unlikely to be too many) ... some how I can't see that being simulated ;)

It's more likely it would be EASIER since a lot of radars for example couldn't even give you range - you'd just see a blip and lock onto it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

While a vietnam SIM brings a bit of sweet nostalgia, your stuck with rather innefective weapons array and you have to dogfight with a flying brick.

Wich is IMHO what makes the dogfights of the 60s/70s era so interesting. You have to actualy maneuver your plane in order to reach engagement parameters of your weapon. And the dissimilaritys between the F-4 and MiG-17/19/21 gives the dogfights a very interesting style with very different tactics.

I would love to see a hardcore jetsim of the 1960s or 1970s era. The modern age of air-air combat doesn't realy turn me on that much, wich is why I play A-G mostly in Lock On. And a ED style simulation of the F-4 Phantom II would certanly statisfy the 'complex avionics' fans :)

It seems ED are reaching a point where the pool of possible airplanes to model gets quite small due to limited available documentation for Eagles high degree of simulation. It is perhaps a good option to shift the scope of time for a future sim further in the past, in a era of wich references are more freely available. I would welcome such a move very much.