facetracknoir

I downloaded facetracknoir and installed it got it working but it won't work

with A10 . I have tried the 64 bit head tracker ed .zip file but it still won't work. In the option menu TrackIR is listed as one of the controllers but

when I go to the axis tune menu nothing moves when I move my head

however when set it for mouse look it will move the mouse but kinda jumpy.

Can somebody walk me through installation for facetracknoir in A10?:cry:

Okay, here's what I did:

Download the 64-bit plugin (I have attached to this post). Note that this new .dll file should be 11.0KB as opposed to the 18.5KB file that comes with DCS World by default.

First, replace the dll file located in 'DCS World\bin\headtracker' with the new dll that you just downloaded. The old and new .prefs file is identical anyway.

Second, navigate to 'DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\P-51D\bin\x86_64' and create a file called 'headtracker'. Place the new dll and the .prefs file into this folder.

Finally, open up the 'Input.lua' file located in the 'Input' folder ('DCS World\Scripts\Input'), and change line 27 from

'NewInput.setHeadTrackerDllPath('./bin/headtracker/headtracker.dll')'

to

'NewInput.setHeadTrackerDllPath('headtracker/headtracker.dll')'

Now ensure that in you freetrack output settings the 'freetrack' and 'trackir' options are both ticked. (these are just the settings I use, I haven't verified that they are necessary)

Open up the sim and you should have headtracking, albeit with the issues that I mentioned in the above post.

Notes:

I am unable to find a log file confirming that the dll was loaded.

I understand that I probably broke part of the dll file with the modification (hence the crash).

thanks Mikey!! here..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Okay, here's what I did:

Download the 64-bit plugin (I have attached to this post). Note that this new .dll file should be 11.0KB as opposed to the 18.5KB file that comes with DCS World by default.

First, replace the dll file located in 'DCS World\bin\headtracker' with the new dll that you just downloaded. The old and new .prefs file is identical anyway.

Second, navigate to 'DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\P-51D\bin\x86_64' and create a file called 'headtracker'. Place the new dll and the .prefs file into this folder.

Finally, open up the 'Input.lua' file located in the 'Input' folder ('DCS World\Scripts\Input'), and change line 27 from

'NewInput.setHeadTrackerDllPath('./bin/headtracker/headtracker.dll')'

to

'NewInput.setHeadTrackerDllPath('headtracker/headtracker.dll')'

Now ensure that in you freetrack output settings the 'freetrack' and 'trackir' options are both ticked. (these are just the settings I use, I haven't verified that they are necessary)

Open up the sim and you should have headtracking, albeit with the issues that I mentioned in the above post.

Notes:

I am unable to find a log file confirming that the dll was loaded.

I understand that I probably broke part of the dll file with the modification (hence the crash).

I don't have DCS world I have A10-C Warthog some of the files

you specified are not in the A10-C folder also I believe I am running

the 32 bit version.:huh:

hey bud im not exactly sure what you have to do with the 32 bit but check out this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=75917 if you are still having problems ill try and help you out

That got it working in the options menu with a new category head tracker at least it moves the dot in axis tune.

It is set in absolute camera when I start the game the view doesn't

move but it moves the axis tune.

How do you set it up to look around the cockpit?:huh:

Edited by skip425

• 4 months later...

Hey there guys.

Im trying to install facetracknoir with DCS world so i can use it when i play a-10c.

I followed the tutorial up to the point where i must change the .lua file line 27. I opened the specific file as a notepad and wordpad program, but everytime i go to change the line and save it denies me access.

I am running as admin on my computer, is there any reason for this? windows 7 64 (x86) is what im using by the way

thanks for any help you guys can give