Russian UAV in game?

Ripcord

http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20090804/155720998.html

It does appear that Russia has some capability here -- would be nice to see something similar to the Predator (make it reasonably accurate) added here for the Red side.

Looks like the Israelis have sold them a few UAVs in addition to the DOZOR series and others that they have developed themselves.

Here is that TIPCHAK system -- pretty cool.

Edited by Ripcord
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

So if Russians don't have UAVs, what do they rely on for good battlefield recon? Is it all just ground spotters doing recon from their UAZ jeeps?

Flying helicopters over the front line is one way -- but it is also a good way to get your helos shot out of the sky as well. I've been testing this in the ME with fog of war settings on, and they aren't real super effective. But they are a HELLUVA lot more effective than the AN-30... which found nothing at all. I guess we need to rely more on the su-24mr and other fast mover recce aircraft to get a decent picture of the battlefield?

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Russians buying from Israel. Now that's unusual.

IIRC Russians bought some stuff before too. It is not unusual at all... if you can't develop own system you buy it and gather info from this.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

IIRC Russians bought some stuff before too. It is not unusual at all... if you can't develop own system you buy it and gather info from this.

True but I always saw Israel as a country with strong ties to the US and therefore buying from Israel seems sort of like buying from the US by-proxy. I guess military trading has changed somewhat.