Why are some key bindings unavailable

Geckomeister

Hi,

Plugged in my Logitech 3D Pro and noticed I cannot assign buttons to certain functions.

I am trying to assign Auto-targetting in the KA-50 Game mode.

Wont allow me to select the controls under my joystick and allocate a button.

Any way of changing that?

Cheers

Gecks

Edited by Geckomeister

We will need a little bit more info then that...

Edited by joey45
He edited his post to make more sense of what he is saying..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Are you saying the box is greyed out and will not let you select it?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What do you mean by auto targeting?

There is no listing called that.

Edit: is it 'auto lock nearest surface target' ?

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Sorry I should be more specific.

Under the KA-50 Game controls, there is a targeting sub section in the drop down..

Under targetting there is a for example "Autolock on nearest Aircraft".

But when I go to assign a joystick button it is sort of in a lighter blue colour and wont let me assign a key/button under my Logitech Joystick column.

Some are darker and can be selected to set a button, others are lighter and wont allow me to allocate anything.

Does that help?

Cheers

Gecks

Try to select a box the column for your joystick, then hit "clear category" you will have to redo your buttons for that column but it should take care of the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit