CA in MP

djembe

In all servers that have missions with CA I always find the same problem:

The units are hidden or hidden almost all...

This is a problem for people who want to make ground comander.

We can control the vehicles (with F7), but do not know the position of the vehicle.

Why hiding the vehicles? Do not know the new option of fog of war?

or is that people prefer to deal with static units with predictable behavior (IA) as before?

Edited by djembe

Why hiding the vehicles? Do not know the new option of fog of war?

or is that people prefer to deal with static units with predictable behavior (IA) as usual?

I dont like fog of war as it is now. IMO its too powerful. (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1505396&postcount=2083)

I dont like fog of war as it is now. IMO its too powerful. (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1505396&postcount=2083)

I am not agree with you, I think the fog of war is correct in this way because want to know the exact position of the units if they are within sight or detected by the sensors of any friend unit.

Regarding MP missions:

For example, yesterday I went into a server where there were 4 Ground Comander positions. Map only had 4 Tunguskas (one per comander), everything else was hidden...:(

Must be understood controlable vehicles are simple and easy to handle. Be at the time on the same vehicle is boring. (Until DCS: SAM release :D)

I say this because I get the feeling the missions editors do not exploit the potential of CA as they should.

I am not agree with you, I think the fog of war is correct in this way because want to know the exact position of the units if they are within sight or detected by the sensors of any friend unit.

But Fog of War right now seems to be only line of sight. I have just to fly over the map and I can see enemy units on the f10 map without spotting them via eyeball, TGP or Skvahl. IMO thats too easy.

Regarding MP missions:

I say this because I get the feeling the missions editors do not exploit the potential of CA as they should.

We need an ingame voice chat or at least a comm menue for CA-slots for a better communication between air and ground forces.

(or everyone on a public server has to be in the same Teamspeak. Unfortunately that happens not often.)

But Fog of War right now seems to be only line of sight. I have just to fly over the map and I can see enemy units on the f10 map without spotting them via eyeball, TGP or Skvahl. IMO thats too easy.

You're absolutely right. That's why I said on many topics in this forum that we need 2 options in the missions editor:

-Hide unit for all aircraft (only shown for CA)

-Map (F10) is only visible for CA

This is the solution to your problem. Only Ground Comander will see the some units on the map. If you want, only map for CA

Edited by djembe