F-15E is going to be upgraded with new core processors!

:rolleyes: will that come with SLI from NVIDIA?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Yep its true. Strike Eagles are going to get new processors next year said Air Force officials. Check it at www.af.mil. It will enhance Eagles data processing and introduce new graphics together with ability to carry the absolute latest in weaponry like GBU-32.

Wow, this is so cool!

Imagine a Beowulf cluster of F15Es!

Actually, this has huge implications - it's a *giant* leap forward in strike capability. Before, things like FDL and stuff were limited because of the lack of available CPU resources on-board the Strike Eagle...with this, the F-15E will become absolutely *lethal* at FAC and TST roles. Just some applications I can think of right off the top of my head is the ability to transmit/recieve imagery to/from U-2s, Predators and other strikers real-time.

Combined with the Sniper XR pod, this will arguably keep the F-15E as the most effective strike fighter in the world.

sigzk5.jpg

Oh please. We all know it'll be useless until the first patch.....and don't even start about the fps of those MFD's...No current processor will be able to run the new software....and many of the pilots will complain that the 'new flight model sucks, I used to be able to pull twenty G's etc'.....

Actually, this has huge implications - it's a *giant* leap forward in strike capability. Before, things like FDL and stuff were limited because of the lack of available CPU resources on-board the Strike Eagle...with this, the F-15E will become absolutely *lethal* at FAC and TST roles. Just some applications I can think of right off the top of my head is the ability to transmit/recieve imagery to/from U-2s, Predators and other strikers real-time.

Combined with the Sniper XR pod, this will arguably keep the F-15E as the most effective strike fighter in the world.

Do you sell them?

Do you sell them?

Wish I did :)

But yeah, there were some issues associated with FDL in Mudhen operations over Afghanistan and Iraq, and this upgrade will largely resolve that. Plus, it also includes the ability to carry all the latest weapons - JASSM, SDB, etc. Throw in SniperXR (where the res/magnification is so great you can see the laser dot in some cases), and it seems to make the F-15 pretty powerful to me.

sigzk5.jpg

Hell Options I would want on my F-15!!!

1.) Run Flat Tires. (For the no runway landings)

2.) Porta Jon built in the ejection seat.

3.) DVD/MP3 Player

4.) Heated Ejection Seat

5.) Leather Head Rest.

6.) Northstar navagation

7.) Billet everything

8.) All Chrome the entire aircraft, it would reflect everything around it.

Just some of what I want on mine, if anyone knows of a dealer let me know.

Cinch

sig_Cinch.jpg

Yep its true. Strike Eagles are going to get new processors next year said Air Force officials. Check it at http://www.af.mil. It will enhance Eagles data processing and introduce new graphics together with ability to carry the absolute latest in weaponry like GBU-32.

most of processing units aboard fighter aircraft are much less powerful than typical personal computers that we have at home.

If I'm not wrong, the super modern F-22 Raptor, has Pentium I/II class comparable processors. That's not a big deal for a $ 100+ million aircraft. Even radar processors and things like that work with something like 512 KB memory, and the very early versions had even less memory.

The good thing is that most of these components work even in extremely hard conditions, that is under heavy G loads and things like that. And, like Tom Clancy recalled in his "Fighter Wing" book, some of these processing units are low-powered, but can withstand the radiations from a nuclear explosion (talkin' about the B-1B systems). Our PCs won't survive that.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
most of processing units aboard fighter aircraft are much less powerful than typical personal computers that we have at home.

If I'm not wrong, the super modern F-22 Raptor, has Pentium I/II class comparable processors. That's not a big deal for a $ 100+ million aircraft. Even radar processors and things like that work with something like 512 KB memory, and the very early versions had even less memory.

The good thing is that most of these components work even in extremely hard conditions, that is under heavy G loads and things like that. And, like Tom Clancy recalled in his "Fighter Wing" book, some of these processing units are low-powered, but can withstand the radiations from a nuclear explosion (talkin' about the B-1B systems). Our PCs won't survive that.

would if they were in a faraday cage :)

The next big upgrade for the F-15E is the new APG-63V3 AESA. The entire USAF fleet of 224 Strike Eagles will start getting the new radars installed from 2006. The the good thing about the AESA is that it will allow both air to air modes and air to ground modes at the same time. Along with the new GBU-39 SDB and the new version that can target moving objects the F-15E is set up very well for the future.

It's only downside is that it is going to need better and better ECM systems as its radar and IR signature are relativly high by modern fighter standards. It will become the case that the F/A-22 and F-35 will have to clear out the high threats first and make the combat area safe before a Strike Eagle can come on the sceen.