Remove Start of Mission Zoom Effect + Track IR

docfu

Hi ED,

I realize for non-track IR users the "zoom" effect during the mission start is probably a nice effect to get them into the cockpit, but for me as a TrackIR user it just means I have to wait 10 sections and then reset the Zoom on the cockpit.

Is there any way to disable this?

docfu

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK, there is no way to disable it.

Personally, I find the effect so distracting that I can't even begin to start the aircraft until it's over.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

It is an intended feature to cater for all. An inconvenience for TrackIr users, yes. Inconvenience does not however outweigh the benefit afforded to others who do not have TrackIr and for which the feature benefits.

You gotta be prepared to take the Good with the Bad. After all, what is a couple of seconds at the end of the day?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

doesn't bother me I just wait.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

You gotta be prepared to take the Good with the Bad. After all, what is a couple of seconds at the end of the day?

Lol, I've the utmost respect for you Viper, but you wouldn't get far working in a design-lead software firm! ;-)

There is no place for a 'oh well, they'll make do' attitude in my company, that's for sure. I'd come down like a ton of bricks on a developer who said that!

Yeah... I hate this feature too....

i7@3.5Ghz, ATI 5870, 16GB RAM, win7 64bit, TH2GO, Track-IR, 4screen pit, TM WArthog HOTAS

Inconvenience does not however outweigh the benefit afforded to others who do not have TrackIr and for which the feature benefits.

before i started using freetrack i found the auto-unzoom feature as annoying as i find it now that i do use freetrack. what "benefit" was i seeing then?

i can't see the benefits of an automated full zoom out!

It's not automated full zoom out.

I'd be interested to have the benefits explained

It is to set the view parameters of wide screen monitors to match the same view coverage as what you would get with the default view on a 1280x1024 monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is to set the view parameters of wide screen monitors to match the same view coverage as what you would get with the default view on a 1280x1024 monitor.

Isn't there a way to make it happen instantly instead of 10 seconds wait.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Can anyone explain why this is needed or desirable?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Can anyone explain why this is needed or desirable?

Why is it not desirable?

It takes you automatically from this -

x7qkY.png

to this -

XIlZN.png

In three (3) seconds only on a 1920x1200 monitor. Would you not agree that view #2 is better?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viper, but I was instantly at "to This " with old versions....

-anyway-

I dont mind it at all - I have bound a button to send center Trackir and kp-enter at once .

I also tweaked the starting FOV to exacty what I need for a good view (93°) -Problem solved!

Here is another guess why ED add this feature:

On " normal" ratios is it always zooming out gradually...

- Ed added it because on older system it could happen the you experience stutters and hangs for several second because the Engine try to render the scene at once - zooming out gradually gives the system enough time to do it without hick-ups.

Edited by PeterP

Why is it not desirable?

In three (3) seconds only on a 1920x1200 monitor. Would you not agree that view #2 is better?

It is not desirable because I have a 2560x1440 monitor and the view I end up with in both the Mustang and the Hog are not what I would call 'better'.

It is not a big deal but, I do not see it as beneficial. Also, if you were going to optimize the view for a specific resolution then 1920x1080 would have been a more appropriate choice since that is more common.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

See, it's entirely subjective - for me it's ideal. One thing we can champion for is to have the 'feature' optional. I'll do that and see how far I can get with it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

while we are on it -

a slider to set the starting FOV in degrees would be very handy. (["viewAngle"])

...and a slider for the vertical center point too. (["vAngle"])

so all this kind of post would be obsolete:

Way to center the default "centered" camera?

@ cichilidfan - editing the line# 1055 (? - not really sure - whatever -look out for Snap[11][13]) of the \Config\View\SnapViewsDefault.lua is what you are looking for to do it in the A-10C .

Snap[11][13]["viewAngle"] = 100-- (FOV in degrees) - this is for KP-enter

scroll down to the new P-51D block under it - and look out for "default" snap views.

Give me a post when you need further assistance - I will look it up in detail tomorrow. (sitting with the laptop in a park right now and don't have the swap-drive with me)

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

while we are on it -

a slider to set the starting FOV in degrees would be very handy.

...and a slider for the vertical center point too.

That will be one for the Wishlist forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]