Increased overcast draw distance modification

Mustang

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
a gorgeous 21 yo olive skinned Madonna serving me cold beer on a surf fishing beach in Northern tropical Australia

eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeee!! Wait, I was going to say something relevant......, oh well. eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

• 4 weeks later...

Not yet, i keep pushing for it to be included but i guess other things are of importance to ED right now, however you can still use the mod included in this thread with 1.2.2 with no problems.

P.S remember to refer to this post to get it to work correctly http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1583785&postcount=30

Edited by Mustang

• 5 months later...
Just a thread bump for those who may have missed this mod, this still works fine in current DCS World 1.2.4 (see first post)

good point, there is alot thats changed in file formatting for alot of mods. they kinda all need looked at for latest versions.

Earlier in this thread you refer to graphics.cfg which leads me to question one thing thats different is that my graphics.cfg is now a graphics.lua is that correct mustang ? or should i have a .cfg file still ? im sure that i did see reference in the.lua version to there being possibility of .cfg still being used if present etc. but really unsure... how best to proceed etc ?

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 thing thats different is that my graphics.cfg is now a graphics.lua is that correct mustang ? or should i have a .cfg file still ?

See the readme file here for an explanation:

DCS World\Config\graphics_readme.txt

Regards,

Milli

You should no longer need to worry about making any adjustments to any files, it's all in graphics.lua and by default altered .fx files are allowed - just drop the ovc.fx into Bazar\shaders\overcast and away you go.

Edited by Mustang

Mustang, the readme says Bazar\shaders\overcast and I can see the ovc.fx file there - was your mention of Bazar\shaders\sky just a typo or is the readme wrong?

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Yes sorry it's overcast, i'll amend my post.

• 2 weeks later...