Small DCS bugfix (for all versions) - VAZ 2109 - Lada Samara Corrections

An old bug since LOMAC

Corrected wheel animations: all wheels rotate - front wheels turn into correct direction

ReadMe.txt:

Copy .dds files into ...\DCS World\Bazar\TempTextures folder

Copy vaz.edm into ...\DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes folder

Copy vaz-2109.edm into ...\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\Structures\High\EDM folder

Use this bar for downloading with dark blue text: Click here to start download from sendspace

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mgr6ly

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Thank you, all the tiny improvements make a difference towards making this sim even greater :)

edit: i've just checked and it works great :) however while flicking through the views i noticed that the 'ikarus bus' wheel aren't animated, is it a similar problem to the vaz model?

Edited by Mustang

however while flicking through the views i noticed that the 'ikarus bus' wheel aren't animated, is it a similar problem to the vaz model?

TY Folks, Your Welcome

Mustang, the original vaz.edm file (in Shapes folder) hasn't got rotation animations on wheels, only front wheels turned but into wrong/opposite directions what the swerve needed.

BUT there was the all wheels animated vaz-2109.edm model with (also wrong) front wheels turning animations - (what i corrected) in Structures\High\EDM folder ! :doh: which uses the same texture as vaz.edm (but with different name).

As i remember since LOMAC many "structure-vaz-2109" model were placed around buildings, but with missing textures.

Vaz-2109 model uses 3 textures with arg2.

samara-red texture from 0.0 to 0.09 value (renamed default light-blue texture to this1)

samara-blue texture from 0.1 to 0.19 value

samara-cherry texture from 0.2 to 0.29 value

These 3 textures will be good for "season changable textures" also

If someone needed with changed args and/or values i can make for him.

New high-res textures also will be great while all we know it's for a low-poly model :(

About other models:

(blue TrolleyBus got only front wheel turning animations - trolebus.edm - you can reactivate it in RouteTypes.cfg file - (Kamaz Fire Truck also)

ingame Laz Bus got only all wheels rotations - laz-695.edm - but no front wheels turn

...and there are a missing LIAZ-677 Bus model which has 2 textures in WorldTexturesBMP1 :(

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3365/3408302653_6d11ec31eb.jpg

About the Ikarus Bus: no animations at all

BeczL wrote to me in April, he is making a new Ikarus 280 model :thumbup:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB:Ikarus_280_in_Moscow_2004_2.jpg

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist