Su-25T and frame rate

Hmmn.

Have you tried digging out the Lomac v1.02 Su39 model and swapping it in?

It should work for the v1.1 Su25T, and it has far fewer polygons . . . . . you'll still get the FPS hit while in the shiny new 3D-model cockpit, but you can't really avoid that.

how about the damage moddeling? I don't think the 1.02 su39 model has all the hatches, cracking cockpits, detatchable speedbrakes and landing lights that can be damaged.

Oh, and since the 25t has more of there parts, the cpu also needs more time to calculate the damage (and when flying around)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

how about the damage moddeling? I don't think the 1.02 su39 model has all the hatches, cracking cockpits, detatchable speedbrakes and landing lights that can be damaged.

Oh, and since the 25t has more of there parts, the cpu also needs more time to calculate the damage (and when flying around)

It doesn't have the damage modelling, that's true.

However, if the aim is to sacrifice prettyness for framerates then I think it should work. Haven't tried so can't confirm it, but I can't immediately see a reason why it wouldn't work :)

ED arent going to make a low poly Su25T.

If your going to show random screenshots please supply PC spec and in-game graphic settings.:D

I have a lower spec card than you and my FPS is higher, Lockon isnt bothered about your 9800 or 7800 Dual SLI it wants your CPU dead or alive ;)

PC Spec:

• P4 3.0gig 1mb L2 Cache 800fsb
  • DFI LANParty 875Pro
  • 1gig of DDRAM
  • FX5900XT 128mb DDR
  • Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm ATA6 80gig

Lockon Settings:

ScreenShot_392.jpg

ScreenShot_393.jpg

I run it as it is no "Enditall" programs or stupid placebo effect mind game DLL/LUA/CFG tweaks, ive tried them all in the last (nearly?) 2 years and they been trouble in the end.

Same Position Su25T Screenshot:

ScreenShot_390.jpg

20FPS (showing 22 in game) but after i take off the FPS rises to 30+ and is very playable, i proceeded to drop all the munitions on Krymsk airfield without any probs.

For all we know your running a 1.8gig CPU............help allways lies in information.

Regards Wolfie:icon_jook

ED arent going to make a low poly Su25T.

If your going to show random screenshots please supply PC spec and in-game graphic settings.:D

Does it really matter when I used the same settings and same mission... the only difference is the aircraft and that is what makes it more or less unplayable...

Anyway the specs are in the post above and I'm running the game on medium settings with 4xAA and 4xAF and without vertical sync.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Does it really matter when I used the same settings and same mission... the only difference is the aircraft and that is what makes it more or less unplayable...

You've been given an entirely logical and reasonable answer, and my suggested solution is that you go back to the v1.02 Su25T model.

This is computer gaming 101 stuff . . . . Eye Candy Causes FPS Drops. Shrug.

If you're unhappy with your FPS, either upgrade or lose some eye candy.

You've been given an entirely logical and reasonable answer, and my suggested solution is that you go back to the v1.02 Su25T model.
I thought of that myself actually... but I'm not sure how to do it.

This is computer gaming 101 stuff . . . . Eye Candy Causes FPS Drops. Shrug.

If you're unhappy with your FPS, either upgrade or lose some eye candy.

I know, and I'm not being an ass, I was just looking for some tips. Sorry.

I thought of that myself actually... but I'm not sure how to do it.

Get the v1.02 Su25T 3D models (Bazar\World\Shapes) and replace the v1.1 models with them.

Either put out a call on the forums asking for someone to email them to you (they're pretty big files, unfortunately), or uninstall FC, install Lomac, grab the models, install FC and swap the models.

You might (almost certainly would, actually) also need to extract the v1.02 Su25T textures, which might be a bit more tricky.

Loman to extract the textures, then drop them into the TempTextures folder.

Hey Wolfie I'll have to try this out at your settings and see what I get. Here is my pic from the same place.

ScreenShot_025.jpg

26FPS and here is the settings I use.

settings2.jpgSettings3.jpgSettings1.jpg

Yeah, BGP. It is a bit of a job to extract all the su-25T stuff from 1.02 and all for nothing if it doesn't work correctly. But it's one of those things that you'll never know until you try.

You forgot the munitions in your screenshot. That would add to the framerate workload.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

So thats an old XP2800 clocked to XP3200..............which in itself is a 2-3 year old AMD running at around 2.0gig?

Overclocking a CPU isnt an accurate sport and in many tests the CPU becomes unstable and misses caculations which in-turn looses performance.

To me thats a bottleneck for Lockon as the graphics card and RAM are fine.

Buy new CPU m8.

XP3200..............thats a 2 year old AMD running at around 2.0gig?

To me thats a bottleneck for Lockon as the graphics card and RAM are fine.

Buy new CPU m8.

2.2 GHz.

If only I had some money :icon_cry: