Total Annihilation remake - Planetary Annihilation

Bucic

And lots of the developers of TA and Supreme Commander are working on it, granted it is without Chris Taylor.

Looks really interesting though. I freaking loved Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander, I hope this reaches its goal and gets funded.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I still play TA from time to time but I like more The Spring project - graphics, solutions ect are better than in original TA.

What important it is for me it is better than Supreme Commander which was below average I think.

Screens of Planetary Annihilation are quite cute btw :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Screens of Planetary Annihilation are quite cute btw :D

Yeah, I think they favor the retro scent that became fashionable recently http://www.humblebundle.com/

What I don't like about it is the animations (too cartoonish, unlike the original TA) and loss of scale in general.

Edited by Bucic

Good concept

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I think the video is more of a proof of concept sort of thing to sell the idea to as many people as possible than actual gameplay. Just from the scale of the worlds it seemed to have a smaller land area than what was present on some SupCom maps. Although the whole idea is kind of out there as they want to have some really long games where its a battle to control a planet and then eventually move on to planet vs planet combat... Almost seems better fitting for a 4X game with RTS components.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Almost seems better fitting for a 4X game with RTS components.

more like 4x with ground battles, thats why I thing it's a good concept, something new at least

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Honestly I almost thought SupCom was a disappointment. I got sick of zooming in and out to see the action and it just wasn't as much fun as TA was with UTASP (+400 really crazy units). More than just having crazy variety though, I think Supreme Commander just tried to be too serious.

Even in the new video the guy is like "yeah, nobody remembers WHY we are fighting anymore...HEY! ASTEROID BOMBS!"

That sort of shallowness in games, like between Doom 1+2 and Doom 3, is really what makes the fun ones fun...

Honestly I almost thought SupCom was a disappointment. I got sick of zooming in and out to see the action and it just wasn't as much fun as TA was with UTASP (+400 really crazy units). More than just having crazy variety though, I think Supreme Commander just tried to be too serious.

Even in the new video the guy is like "yeah, nobody remembers WHY we are fighting anymore...HEY! ASTEROID BOMBS!"

That sort of shallowness in games, like between Doom 1+2 and Doom 3, is really what makes the fun ones fun...

The original TA was dead serious as well :)

are they presenting the playing field on a globe ? because thats just a bit of RTS genius imo, much nicer than this flat plane action were used to. with a bit of LOS involved that idea alone could be just sweet in its own pseudo scale way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^ precisely

Spoiler