RAZBAM AV-8B HarrierII Plus for FSX released

Prowler111

They really should mention that no manual is included until they finish it. This implies otherwise:

MUD Manual in PDF format. The final manual will be delivered with the avionics upgrade.

Glad I decided to wait.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

there is a 17 page PDF but its far from being a manual lol. It does not tell you anything about key commands, and how to even start the thing. I understand its Work in progress though.

They got so work to do =)

None of their manuals, that I have seen, are very impressive.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

what button to open the aircraft loading window? I cant find it anywhere, even on the forum =( thanks!

Go to the Views/Instrument Panel menu option. There is only one option there: Stores Management Control Set.

The maximum weight for vertical take-off is around 21,300.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Ah, plane specific. I know the manual isn't finished but did they not include one at all?

No. The manual is not ready. What we included is a very basic manual that allow you to fly the aircraft. Our manuals are way more detailed than this.

The final manual will be available later.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Could I use this as a cockpit learning tool, for the aircraft that is coming to DCS?

I appreciate the flight model would be slightly different, but technically I'm guessing the cockpit layout and flight procedures should be the same right.

If this is the case, then it would be worth adding it to my hanger just for that, even though I tend to fly single prop light aircraft in FSX.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Could I use this as a cockpit learning tool, for the aircraft that is coming to DCS?

I appreciate the flight model would be slightly different, but technically I'm guessing the cockpit layout and flight procedures should be the same right.

If this is the case, then it would be worth adding it to my hanger just for that, even though I tend to fly single prop light aircraft in FSX.

Cowboy10uk

Kinda A Training Sim......for a Combat Flight Sim......Neat!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Cheers for the answers guys, in that case, she's going into the Hanger. Hopefully it will make the transition to the harrier in DCS seamless.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Cowboy10uk

That how i see/use IRIS and VRS planes. Just as a training tool so when combat version comes, you should be very familiar with the plane (cockpit) and it's startup procedure. In harrier case it will be valuable to learn nozzles management and hovering, for example

Edited by PlainSight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder if the Harrier will be able to use the Ka-50 FARPS.. or boats for that matter..

Does FSX have any guided missile destroyers or landing craft that we can get used to landing on with the Harrier?

Also, it might be useful for RAZBAM to also develop an LHD for use with the Harrier.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

That how i see/use IRIS and VRS planes. Just as a training tool so when combat version comes, you should be very familiar with the plane (cockpit) and it's startup procedure. In harrier case it will be valuable to learn nozzles management and hovering, for example

No knowledge would be a mistake, take advantage of what ever you can.

I wonder if the Harrier will be able to use the Ka-50 FARPS.. or boats for that matter..

Does FSX have any guided missile destroyers or landing craft that we can get used to landing on with the Harrier?

Also, it might be useful for RAZBAM to also develop an LHD for use with the Harrier.

If it's an AFM, it'll react to them just like the KA-50. Actually it'll have to be an AFM to take off vertically.

If it's an AFM, it'll react to them just like the KA-50. Actually it'll have to be an AFM to take off vertically.

This is good news, though I really hope that the harrier doesn't get stuck in the mud when it comes to taxiing around on unimproved surfaces like the A-10C and Su-25T do.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I would not get to excited about a release for DCS. How long has FSX been around? The installer was wrong. Then little to no info on how how to operate the aircraft. A whole bunch of issues in the pit,hud. Vsi does not show + or -. Other indicators,gear,fuel ect ect wrong. Altitude readout missing a digit. Never flown above 10000 in testing admited:doh:

The VTOL is totally botched. From 130 to zero instantly when vectoring. Just a total excercise in frustration. I could go on and on and I really believe it released this prematurely. I know , I know, its a work in progress and we are working hard on fixing these issues. Sounds all to familiar.......

The whole throw it on em and we will fix it as we go is getting old. If you guys are expecting this pretty screenshot art to be fully operational for DCS combat this decade good luck.

• Like 1

I guess that 'avionics update' is going to be a doozie!!

I am sure they will fix the major issues and eventually iron out the more complex avionics. Now getting the vtol fm in the ballpark is going to be the doozie but ought to be sorted out. I read the forums where people argue over the nose shape, rivet locations, nose gear height, the proper fuel consump at various altitudes/loadouts ect. So when the topic of how it handles in vtol/stol comes around its really going to get lively.

Maybe my coffee was a little to strong but rereading my above post I hope I did not come across as being angry or feeling ripped. Its a great looking aircraft/cockpit and handles/feels great in normal flight. Its just when you finally get the time to sit down and take your first few shakedown familiarity flights and you see these blaring issues. Then you hanger it and wait for patches. Its just frustrating deja vu.

Well, if there is that much still to do, not to mention the pending update, they should have kept it in house for the 'few weeks' until it was ready or offer it as a Beta pre-purchase.

I own one RazBam aircraft and I am still not seeing a reason to purchase another.

My last post on it until a update comes out.

Its not all negative. The cockpit graphics and overall detailing are incredible. This is top notch pro work all the way. My computers have always hated any aircraft with huds,crt displays but the harrier runs very,very smooth. That and the overall attitude and quick replies from one of the devs "I assume" on the message boards is encouraging.

Again, the Raz harrier is far from being a bad addon, just another one released a little soon.

Its like jumping in your freshly washed,detailed sports car and then while driving noticing a big splotch of bird poo staring you right betreen the eyes. lol !!! Not a big deal in itself but kinda ruins the drive.

...Its like jumping in your freshly washed,detailed sports car and then while driving noticing a big splotch of bird poo staring you right betreen the eyes. lol !!! Not a big deal in itself but kinda ruins the drive.

In the virtual world, bird poo adds to realsim, the sense of being there. I think there's an opportunity here for dedicated bird poo modellers to create a bird-poo addon enhancement.

Some more interesting details about bird poo ...

1. Some people think that being poo-ed on by a passing bird is a sign of good luck. Of course, if the 'bird' is a bipedal, wears lipstick and sports a bad hair-do ... then it's atrociously bad luck!
  2. Indian ring-neck bird poo makes for very good fertiliser. My tomatoes are fantastic!
  3. If you ever run out of papier-mache glue, consider bird poo (Indian Ringneck to be specific .. first hand experience). It sets rock hard and is extremely hard to shift once set. Of course if you're using it to make balloon masks for the local kindy, you may get a few curious looks from attendent parents and carers, but hey, the kids will LOVE it .. especially if you tell 'em it's poo!

So you see, there's a lot of positives (and one big negative) about bird poo. :thumbup:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!