AWACS are NOT fixed

I just made a mission where the americans had an AWACS but I had figured that you should be able to hide behind the mountains... you can't :(

The AWACS discovers the aircraft behind the mountains, on the ground, in a bunker!

And immideately sends up the GAI aircraft :icon_evil

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

i havent seen this problem, i've been playing on servers where AWACS cant see aircraft thats hiding in the mountains.
So it only works in MP games or it only works for the player controlled aircraft? :icon_neut

Nope, it doesn't work for player controlled aircraft in single player.

The RWS doesn't say anything but you've been spotted none the less, as the enemy sends up their GAI aircraft. And I thought this was one of the best fixes with the patch :icon_roll

Don't know about GAI, but they don't tip off AI planes in the air. Been flying a mission I made where there's an AWAC on the other side of the mountains & a flight of 4 f16 flying over for a strike at Adler. If I stay down in the valleys I can get in behind them & take them before they know I'm there, but not if I get too high...

Cheers.

Don't know about GAI, but they don't tip off AI planes in the air. Been flying a mission I made where there's an AWAC on the other side of the mountains & a flight of 4 f16 flying over for a strike at Adler. If I stay down in the valleys I can get in behind them & take them before they know I'm there, but not if I get too high...
I guess they've made some semi-fix then.. they AWACS see you but it doesn't tell his friends :s

Except for GAI aircraft :(

The AWACS also have infinite range as I just made a test with an E3A in the SE corner of the map and an Su-33 in the NW corner and an GAI F-15. As soon as the mission starts the F-15 appears on the runway.

The Su-33 has been spotted at a range of 1500 km.

What about if you take the AWAC away - you're not just inside the range at which they will pop up anyway are you?
I've tried that, and no they don't appear without the awacs, that's why I added it in the first place actually :icon_conf

This is not only AWACS but all types of AI radars from planes to SAM.

Everyone still see you, the only difference is no RWR singing and no shooting.

And I thought this was a good simulation :(

And the GAI aircraft fly right at you, then they shoot you.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Fly a Su-27/33 with datalink, and you will see the difference that an AWACS flight altitude and range from target make.

I had to move my AWACS cover much closer to get back my datalink info.

Fly a Su-27/33 with datalink, and you will see the difference that an AWACS flight altitude and range from target make.

I had to move my AWACS cover much closer to get back my datalink info.

Well I know it doesn't work for AI anyways... AI GAI aircraft got info (that I was standing on the runway 500 km away) from the AWACS directly at mission start.

Funny, I ran the F-15 AWACS attack mission last night and the silly AWACS chick couldn't see a damn thing. I've got a MiG-23 on my tail and call her to get the range and she comes back with "clean". Maybe it's because it's a 1.1 mission or she needed to be higher or something.

No, I don't think so: I have a mission where I attack the airbase at Novorrosijsk, with a GAI team of Mig-29's at the base. If I hide below the montains at the opposite side of the harbour, the GAI flight does not take off until I come over the hilltop. Pre-1.11 they always took of immediately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is Han saying that if there's an AI plane & suppoting AWAC on the other side of a mountain, & me & my AWAC on this, then the AI's AWAC will see me through the mountain & tell the AI, while mine won't see the AI for the mountain & therefore won't tell me?

Cheers.