AWACS are NOT fixed

Is Han saying that if there's an AI plane & suppoting AWAC on the other side of a mountain, & me & my AWAC on this, then the AI's AWAC will see me through the mountain & tell the AI, while mine won't see the AI for the mountain & therefore won't tell me?
I think so as this is what I've encountered. Don't know if I can see the enemy fighter or not though.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Pointing out flaws in the game is not bashing.

Remark was not directed at you. If it was the remark would have been posted sooner in this thread. eh? ;)

When a dev posts one sentence on a problem in a language he doesn't fully understand, I for one would wait for clarification on his meaning before ranting about it.

But then again it’s probably down to the secret communist plot to take over the world. :rolleyes:

Okay I've been testing this out a bit:

If there is an enemy awacs on the map, it doesn't matter how far away it is from you (across the entire map even), the GAI aircraft will always be on the runway ready to take off as soon as you start the mission. The enemy AWACS doesn't even have to detect you (no rwr signal), the GAI aircraft will be on the runway. The AI awacs is also waay to good at finding you, especially when compared with the new 'player' AI model. Furthermore, as long as the aircraft is in the air (A50 or E-3), it doesn't matter what task you set for them (you can have them do nothing), the GAI aircraft will be on the runway. So unless (or untill) this is adressed in a fix, I am only playing with friendly AWACS in the air.

:icon_jook

Okay I've been testing this out a bit:

If there is an enemy awacs on the map, it doesn't matter how far away it is from you (across the entire map even), the GAI aircraft will always be on the runway ready to take off as soon as you start the mission. The enemy AWACS doesn't even have to detect you (no rwr signal), the GAI aircraft will be on the runway. The AI awacs is also waay to good at finding you, especially when compared with the new 'player' AI model. Furthermore, as long as the aircraft is in the air (A50 or E-3), it doesn't matter what task you set for them (you can have them do nothing), the GAI aircraft will be on the runway. So unless (or untill) this is adressed in a fix, I am only playing with friendly AWACS in the air.

:icon_jook

Spot on.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5