JTAC for KA-50

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really good,I don't understand why ED didn't add it themselves.

It makes the KA50 much more of a threat and gives you much better situational awareness

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

One thing I did notice is that if you die and re-spawn you helicopter you can't get the radio menu back.

This could be in the game before I haven't tested it.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 2 weeks later...
Hey TurboHog,

whats up for Ka-50 JTAC for the new DCS World Patch 1.2.1?

You will create a new upgrade my friend?

I was contacted about that via PM. I'm a bit too busy actually but I suspect that it is a matter of renamed folders as ED has a tendency to randomly change these kind of things...

downloading 1.2.1 now thanks for making me aware of this problem.

'Frett'

It looks like an easy fix. ED moved Ka-50.lua, which also defines the radio menu items, to the module folder under a different name (comm.lua). Also the lines changed slightly.

However, what easily worked through copy and paste from the A10C files in 1.2.0 doesn't work now. In theory it should work, but it doesn't. It quite accurately represents how ED's updates work. Lots of fixes but as a trade-off some random idiotic additions.

Now there was one thing: the auto-updater updated this comm.lua file for me but I lost it because I thought it was my own edited and saved version. Now after reinstalling DCS, it won't auto update anymore.

So could anyone upload comm.lua from the KA-50 module folder? Thanks in advance.

This is for now the last thing I can do. I'm afraid that I have to congratulate ED for destroying my mod.

EDIT:

just upload the file in a post. Thanks!

EDIT2:

Ok I might have to take back on some of the things I've said above. I was talking to JTAC again just now but the sounds are broken again and the radio menu is still acting funny. It looks like availability of the AWACs is depending on two factors 'tanker = false, radar = true' and did not appear. Have to figure out what it does...

Still waiting for the file!!

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Is that what you wanted TurboHog?

comm.lua

• Like 1

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Version 1.2

Hi,

Thanks again Doveman for the file.

I've attached V1.2 to the first post. If you encounter any problems, please notify me.

If you don't see the JTAC radio menu item, try opening the window again.

Also, could anyone go into a mission with AWACS and check out if AWACS is working? Thanks in advance!

Happy flying!

'Frett'

Thanks for all the hard work TurboHog. I'm following this thread intently for the use of JTACs in the Su-25T. I imagine marking targets with smoke will make some interaction more immersive from a Rook standpoint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Thanks for all the hard work TurboHog. I'm following this thread intently for the use of JTACs in the Su-25T. I imagine marking targets with smoke will make some interaction more immersive from a Rook standpoint.

Mhh I tried this for 1.2.0 and it worked. However, the comm.lua is very different now. Maybe it will use the new 'lockonairplane.lua' for radio items...

If the latter is true, then try this:

- find \DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\Config\Lockonairplane.lua

Go to line 396 (actually the end of the document) and add this line:

utils.verifyChunk(utils.loadfileIn('Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/Config/Common/JTAC.lua', getfenv()))(6)

the number 9 is the number in the radio menu (F9)

And see if it works. JTAC will use MGRS I think because the L/L is scripted for the KA-50 only. But you can't enter coordinates anyway...

I think some lines don't have sound due to missing sound files... But other than that it should work.

Thanks for all the hard work TurboHog!!!

That was really fast work!!!

I will announce myself if it functions.

Thanks, Your welcome!

'Frett'

TH,

Thanks for taking the time out to look into this. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm confident and a happy camper nonetheless. I'm glad to know the solution didn't take you away from the important things for too long.:smartass:

Your good rep should get even better.

Darnit, "You must spread some more rep around before giving it to TurboHog, blah, blah . . . .

Will someone please give this young Man some rep for me. Thanks!

Edited by S77th-ReOrdain

TH,

Thanks for taking the time out to look into this. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm confident and a happy camper nonetheless. I'm glad to know the solution didn't take you away from the important things for too long.:smartass:

Your good rep should get even better.

Darnit, "You must spread some more rep around before giving it to TurboHog, blah, blah . . . .

Will someone please give this young Man some rep for me. Thanks!

It's ok and thanks :smilewink:

'Frett'

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, Is this working in 1.2.1 at the moment? I have just installed it and checked it many times but it still comes up with the old menu.

Cheers

Y E S Buddy its work fine with 1.2.1 :thumbup:

Visit my answer from 03.10.2012 Page 9/#89:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1567645&postcount=89

I have good ones news!

Your work was successful, the Mod functions perfectly!

Thank you my Friend!!!

Falcito °UFS°

http://www.ufs-regiment.de/

Hi, Is this working in 1.2.1 at the moment? I have just installed it and checked it many times but it still comes up with the old menu.

Cheers

So does it work for you now?

Make sure you are using the latest version as I had to change some things to make it work with 1.2.1.

Changelog:

V1.0

- initial release

V1.1

- Added instructions in the manual for changing the Weapons folder. Check-in line now works.

- New sound files to fix broken messages

- JTAC now uses L/L

V1.2

- Working with DCSW 1.2.1.

Have fun!

'Frett'

It seems v1.2 of this no longer uses "\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\Config\Ka-50.lua" which the 1.1 manual still refers to.

The 1.2 zzzspace Sound Mod no longer seems to use NATO.lua either, so there's no longer any potential conflict between that and this.

I'm interested to know whether this mod should work if installed to "Saved Games\DCS\Mods" and "Saved Games\DCS\Sounds" to keep the actual install folder clean? The first exists already but the latter would need to be created and I don't know if it supports that folder there.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

It seems v1.2 of this no longer uses "\DCS World\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\Config\Ka-50.lua" which the 1.1 manual still refers to.

The 1.2 zzzspace Sound Mod no longer seems to use NATO.lua either, so there's no longer any potential conflict between that and this.

I'm interested to know whether this mod should work if installed to "Saved Games\DCS\Mods" and "Saved Games\DCS\Sounds" to keep the actual install folder clean? The first exists already but the latter would need to be created and I don't know if it supports that folder there.

Thanks. I'll remove this from the first post...

The manual contains wrong installation instructions, yes. It's only a very small detail (the intstallation notes in the main package are up-to-date) and the 300+ downloads please my eyes :)

And I don't think that the mod works outside the main installation folder... I will have to edit files in the installation folder anyhow to point them at the custom location of the mod files. The mod files are actually already there as I've edited pre-existing files. Some sound files have been added because they were unintentionally missing.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Thanks. I'll remove this from the first post...

The manual contains wrong installation instructions, yes. It's only a very small detail (the intstallation notes in the main package are up-to-date) and the 300+ downloads please my eyes :)

And I don't think that the mod works outside the main installation folder... I will have to edit files in the installation folder anyhow to point them at the custom location of the mod files. The mod files are actually already there as I've edited pre-existing files. Some sound files have been added because they were unintentionally missing.

Thanks. I kinda thought the files in Saved Games get used on top of the install folder files if they're present but I don't really know how it's supposed to work ;)

Another idea is to make it Modman compatible, which I think just means putting the Mods and Sounds folders in the root of the zip/rar. If you put a txt file in the root as well, that won't get installed but does display in Modman. I've done this myself and it seems to work OK but it would be cool if mod-makers start to do this with their mods as standard, as using Modman makes it much easier to re-install mods if they get overwritten by World's auto-update.

Stumped, still not working. Latest edition and correct files in correct places.

I really don't know why it's not working for you. I suggest you contact your teammate ReOrdain. He's got it working.

Please note that the installation intructions in de manual are incorrect. Those in the text file are correct...

'Frett'