JTAC for KA-50

this version works perfect for JSGME mod installer.

just name the DCS World folder to JTAC KA50 once you have extracted the files.and place it into the _MODS folder .

this is the link to the guide to set up JSGME, works by far better than Modman.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

Yeh read you ditti on JSGME, will give it a look in, as modman is a pain, if you are constantly trying to update the contents of the zip file externally to it.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that works without changing the file structure whatsoever? The modder just needs to make sure that the mod files are in their respective folders? So it's like ctrl+c, ctrl+v of the mod folder like you normally do with the benefit of a good overview, no files that are actually placed or replaced in the original folders and easy removal? How does it handle conflicts? i.e. Two mods use an edited version of the same file, like my mod and zzzspace's sound mod that previously used an updated NATO.lua in v1.1?

It doesn't technically leave the file structure untouched, it backs up the original files before applying the mod, then restores those files when the mod is deactivated. YES to every other question though!

As for conflicts. Say we apply the old zzzspace sound mod...then we apply your JTAC mod, JSGME will pop up a box saying that NATO.lua has already been modified by "zzzspace mod" do you want to continue? if yes, jsgme will overwrite NATO.lua with the "JTAC" version. At least this way you get a notification which file(s) is conflicting and you can go in and change it manually.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding 2). I launched my JTAC training mission a minute ago, contacted ground crew for ground power and it worked. After rearming and refueling I contacted Firefly and he gave me a task. I then switched back to intercom and was able to remove ground power.

No problems here as far as I can see. How do you reproduce this excactly?

Hey TurboHog :)

So, here's how to reproduce this...

Instant Action/Ka 50 Cold Start in Mozdok/

When you get into the pit. Contact ground crew and ask them to give you the NVG...nothing happens. Ground Power etc. works fine.

it's just this one option about HMS or NVG that doesn't work.

Without your mod enabled, changing to NVGs works fine. it's a strange one!

I am having same problem as Ebs. I cannot refuel or change HMS/NVG with the mod installed. There is no voice/transmit messege, uninstall mod and I can refuel and change HMS/NVG like normal. These are currently the only problems I have noticed.

If there is any fix let me know.

Edit: I cannot use the F6 option either "select power source" it's the one for turbo gear on/off. I never use this, just an observation though.

Edit: I disabled every mod I have (using jsgme), leaving only this jtac mod enabled and still cant refuel, change hms/nvg or use turbo gear option. I have no idea whats causing it, I even tried not using some of the files to see what file was causing it but cant figure it out.

Great mod though, I'll just make sure for now to work around not having to refuel or change helmet.

Edited by Quirkitized

And does the same thing happen in multiplayer and in my JTAC training mission?

Can you start a night mission and change to HMS?

Currently dont have KA50 installed. Will check out myself during next weekend...

EDIT:

Ebs you were talking about a fix for the IR pointer lately. What was it again? I can take a look at it too then.

Oh and Ebs you can try to set the NVG pitch to 0.429203673 that will work!

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

The issue happens in your jtac training mission, or an airport, or a farp that I create with the necessary vehicles for refuel, etc. I have not tried in multiplayer, as I pretty much just do single player now. There is simply no message and no voice communication relaying these messages to the ground crew.

I cannot change to HMS while on a night mission, same problem, just no message to the ground crew. Rearm, ground power and repair messages work and function properly.

Very strange. I was able to reproduce it and 'fixed' it for me without changing anything. I've only been moving some files around. That's it. Or maybe I cant remember what I did because it's 1 AM...

Someone please try and report back to me. I was just requesting NVG and turbogear in the cold start Mozdok mission with succes.

If it works then V1.3 is on the way. With some manual and installation updates.

comm.lua

• Like 1

'Frett'

This works. I can refuel, change hms/nvg and turbo gear. Communication with ground crew is working perfectly now, message is received and confirmed with ground crews.

Thanks a lot!!

What did you have to change?

I actually changed the stock 1.2.2 comm.lua but it didnt seem to make any structural difference in the file. Apparently there was a change over the v1.2.0 comm.lua after all...

I will keep the file above in that post untill I release v1.3 next weekend.

Thanks for testing!

'Frett'

Nice one Turbo!

My own personal fix was to comment out the first staticparamsevent function in your original file. But now I compare the 'new' file I see it's the 1.2.2 comm.lua with those two (all important) extra lines added. Cheers mate.

Ebs.

Good :)

One small thing: Can I include your pilot notes in the mod v1.3? You will be honourably mentioned in the manual and install notes. :thumbup:

And how did you get the IR pointer to work. Thought you had some kind of trick for that. Maybe someone else if it wasn't you. :doh:

'Frett'

It was in this very thread turbo ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1605074&postcount=113

Apparently JTAC is hardcoded to use IR pointer at a certain time. If the conditions are right, he'll sparkle. Not entirely sure if this is a bug! It'd be nice to see a fix for this from ED in future...no biggie if not though.

and I'd be honored if you include the pilot note in 1.3. That'd be great. Thanks!.

edit: after lots of testing, it appears it's the mod because I had the mod installed, and had same problem with the A10C. However, uninstall the mod and no more problems.

So, the bug:

The bug is, if you setup two or more groups for the JTAC, and have the the JTAC

FAC - Assign Group (enemy group #001)

FAC - Assign Group (enemy group #002)

FAC - Assign Group (enemy group #003)

.... or engage group, doesn't matter

He will give you coordinates for the first group, do the full 9line report, etc, etc. However, once the first group is dead, he sometimes will give coordinates for 2nd group, or may not respond.

For instance after the first group is dead, he'll do the typical type-3 in effect, etc call. You'll respond, and then he'll just fail to give you the information. Sometimes, if he gives you the cords for the 2nd group, you cant copy remarks, it stops there.

edit: A way to get around this is just to check out, then check back in, but inconvenient due to extra dialog of saying your time on station, weapons, etc. Or you need to make different jtacs for each of the different groups.

edit again: another thing, if you uncheck datalink in FAC - Assign group, it doesnt work, and if you do not select a designation it will not work, or game crash. You'd probably never do those but just an fyi to others.

Edited by Quirkitized