AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance

mapleflagmissions.ca announces the release of AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance mission

[/url]http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/214774/

The mission file includes:

A practice mission to perfect your threat avoidance technique before attempting the Qualification Mission.

A printable A-10C Combat Operations Checklist pdf in A5 format.

A printable Mission Data Card pdf in A5 format.

You will need to install a license and purchase a mission key to install this mission.

A mission key can be purchased for $0.99 USD at http://mapleflagmissions.ca

Select the “Request a License or Mission Key” link for details.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Ok just tested the practice and interesting to see Sabres jet gets hit by AAA. Also the Fence check is good but ideally you want the wingman to survive because afterwards you'll want both wingmen to inspect for damage/hung stores etc. Just another thing that might add a bit more to it. You could lower the enemy AI could help or get Sabre to rejoin at Fence out. Ideally you want the mission to teach the player the right modes and settings to survive and the right manouvers with which they'll have the right education for those threats. I got through the Gauntlet flying at 250-50ft at max speed on auto for the Disp but I did get hit by AAA and flew back to base on one engine. I also found that your fence check report would be good if that were added to EDs AI and Wingman/Flight options. It would add alot to immersion so I might add it to the wish list.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Ok just tested the practice and interesting to see Sabres jet gets hit by AAA. Also the Fence check is good but ideally you want the wingman to survive because afterwards you'll want both wingmen to inspect for damage/hung stores etc. Just another thing that might add a bit more to it. You could lower the enemy AI could help or get Sabre to rejoin at Fence out. Ideally you want the mission to teach the player the right modes and settings to survive and the right manouvers with which they'll have the right education for those threats. I got through the Gauntlet flying at 250-50ft at max speed on auto for the Disp but I did get hit by AAA and flew back to base on one engine. I also found that your fence check report would be good if that were added to EDs AI and Wingman/Flight options. It would add alot to immersion so I might add it to the wish list.

The AI for all threat units is RANDOM to try and give a different experience each round. I'll see if I can correct the FE's flight (he was supposed to orbit at entrance to the range and then rejoin about half-way through the flight). I'll see if I can redirect him to the Fence Out waypoint directly.

This is a qualification flight so the expectation is that the student has already had some training before attempting this (ie read the manual, understands all the countermeasure programming and techniques and has tried the practice mission a number of times first).

Great feedback as always. Much appreciated.

Yeah I use some AAA and SAM units for a similar type of trainning mission in mp and the idea is to stay above these threats. If you have them in a flat terrain then lower the AI so that it gives the players a better chance as some AI levels never miss and even can shoot mavericks down! Although its a qualification mission you want to train the player to complete it. I read the manual yesterday and redid the trainning tutorial for countermeasures prior to attempting both the practice and qualification missions. In the flightplan we pass way to close to a shilka and some of those units, you really need to be further away for a better chance or dumb down the AI. Also you want reading material such as the ideal configuration for your dispenser profile to get through. How the dispenser works best and when to activate it. In a mission I made the AAA units are some distance from a Tungaska and the pilots have to use different profiles for each threat, manpads again a different threat so different profile. Intel you want threat location and maybe low altitude in uneven terrain is a better approach. Aside that a very good mission I just wish we could add some coms menue commands such as radio check, fence in/out etc. So we can respond to flight lead.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Current Problem with AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance.

The recent 1.2.7 update has changed some of the AI behavior and this mission is currently not playable due to an unexpected traffic jam on the airport taxiways

A new version (V1.2) is now available for download here.

We will also update the Advanced Aircraft Training Campaign (including the OpenBeta version) to include the new updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks.

I've just run the practice AFT03 mission v1.2.

Sabres jet is still hit, and he has to eject. Rest seems to be ok.

Q: is the AAT campaign updated? I.e. solved the traffic jam?

Edited by sUrge0n

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

AAT should be fixed this weekend.

For AFT03 I used one of the WP actions to send the FE to WP 6 to avoid the SAMs but he stubbornly continues to follow the player (making a good target of himself) and continues to get hit.

I'll keep trying to fix it in a future update. At least the traffic jam has been resolved. :-)

• 3 months later...

V1.3 uploaded and now ready for download.

We added some minor improvements.

AFT03

Your existing mission key and password will work with the updated installer.

Thanks for supporting Maple Flag Missions.

A portion of your purchase goes to TFC/ED for future game development.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Barely Survived The Gauntlet

I made a video of my experience with this mission. It's not meant as a tutorial, as I clearly made some mistakes and am fairly new to the A10C.

It seems there are no shortcuts to proficiency with countermeasures and threat avoidance. This campaign mission will force you to learn if you're having a hard time.

Edited by bad-andy
Fix youtube link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB GIGABYTE | GA-Z68XP-UD3P Z68 R __ VGA XFX | HD-695X-ZNFC HD6950 1G R

PSU CORSAIR | 750W CMPSU-750TXV2 R __ CPU INTEL|CORE I7 2600K 3.4G 8M R

MEM 16G|GSKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR __ HDD 1T|WD WD10EARX SATA6G 64M %

MNTR ASUS|LCD 23" 2MS VH236H RT __ Xbox 360 USB Gamepad

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...