AWACS can still see you through mountains

Yellonet

I have a mission where you start at an airfield behind some mountains and there is an american AWACS roughly 500 km away at low low altitude (for testing) but it still spots right at the start, you don't get a warning from the EWR but the GAI aircraft takes off so I know I've been seen.

I thought this was fixed in the patch.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

GAI aircraft will take off if an enemy AWACS is in the air period. I've tested this by placing the AI AWACS clear across the entire map (waay out of detection range) and as soon as u start the mission, GAI are already on the runway. At the very least, the GAI should be on the runway AFTER detection from enemy awacs, so I think this is a bug.

Your information is incorrect.

One of the first things I did when I installed the patch..

Some Notes..

Beaming AWACS hides your signature from 200km

A-50 Detection Range 250km

E2C Detection Range 250km

E3A Detection Range 250km

55G6 EWR Detection Range 275km (beaming made no difference)

All are tested with AWACS at 9000 Meters and enemy aircraft at 9000 Meters

During the MiniWar mission I host with E2C AWACS, it was easy to see aircraft dropping off RADAR when going low in the Caucuses ranges. AWACS are now limited by line of site.

Well Ice, try creating a new mission; place your player craft at the extreme left of the map, add an enemy GAI aircraft at an airbase somewhere in the middle of the map, and add an enemy AWACS (doesn't matter what task is assigned) at the extreme right of the map. Start mission, wait 2 seconds... GAI aircraft ready to take off at the runway... :icon_roll

Did a few quick tests today & it did seem that AI aircraft don't get a heads up from AWACs unless the AWAC has line of sight on you. I wasn't that methodical about it though ... however, the GAI thing does happen, so maybe it's just a case of the logic not being applied to the trigger for GAI - would be an easy one to miss.

Cheers.