DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

I think it is on the fuselage, on the side, right above the weapons pylon.

Here is a picture, the red rectangular thing in the middle. Or am I wrong?

http://data6.primeportal.net/hangar/jean_thomas_rembert/sa342k_gazelle/images/sa342k_gazelle_11_of_30.jpg

EDIT:

and btw, thanks for the news! :)

EDIT3: Another pic:

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/var/dicod/storage/images/base-de-medias/images/terre/gazelle-hot-sa-3422/213777-1-fre-FR/gazelle-hot-sa-342_imagelarge.jpg

EDIT2:

Or maybe in abnother version it is in that strange box on the belly? Or does anyone elso know what that is?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/Aerospatiale_SA-342M_Gazelle_%283893718468%29.jpg

EDIT4:

I think the first pic I posted is something newer. The older system you can see here, that is the mount empty:

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/var/dicod/storage/images/base-de-medias/images/operations/afghanistan/121012-afghanistan-quatre-helicopteres-gazelle-quittent-le-theatre/desengagement-de-4-gazelles-du-theatre-afghan-5/2008702-4-fre-FR/desengagement-de-4-gazelles-du-theatre-afghan-5.jpg

And that one is with the flare cartridges:

http://www.alat.fr/_wp_generated/wp92ea7432.png

Edited by Aginor

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Definitely looks like countermeasure launchers! :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

The french attack helicopter SA342 Gazelle project is planned to stay "freeware" and is on the way.

Thanks.

Is it still freeware?:rolleyes:

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at this chopper at RIAT (Royal international air tattoo).

It truly is a small helicopter.

I sat in the pit too..... after all those pesky kids.

I think of all the helicopter modules coming out, it is this and the B0 105 that I am looking forward to the most.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

good progress!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

Still on the run, and no texture to show yet, it's a long job as you may guess...

Damages have been done, only 2 systems remaining (RWR and NADIR) to code and the gazelle will be good to go.

Thanks all.

EDIT : was going to forget... I'd need some testers, please PM me and let me know who you are, what you usually fly, devices you use (stick, comm software...)

So I can manage some multiplayer test flight

Edited by Pat01

Hope to see this beauty ready soon.

:-)

Edited by 7_62x51

| CPU: Intel I7 4820K@3.9GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX780 | MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Thrustmaster Warthog; OE-XAM collective; CH Pedals; CH control panel.

EDIT : was going to forget... I'd need some testers, please PM me and let me know who you are, what you usually fly, devices you use (stick, comm software...)

Not sure if you recieved my PM, however i'd be glad to help if possible.

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Still on the run, and no texture to show yet, it's a long job as you may guess...

Damages have been done, only 2 systems remaining (RWR and NADIR) to code and the gazelle will be good to go.

Thanks all.

Pick me , me lord

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Gents,

I can't do with more than 2 testers at the same time, so I thank you for your patience and support once again, I just need time...

Thanks.

Thank to you for your work.

Congrats. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

The module is ready at 90% now and could go for a beta soon

I need your advise

To avoid troubles about official allowances (long and complicated) I had the idea to change the name of the module

It could be named FH-01 (FH for French helicopter)

This way of doing can be seen in car simulation games when they didn't get the real brands allowances

What do you think about this ?