Cougar MFD with Lilliput UM-80 8" USB Monitors

I have ordered two of these for my MFD´s.

Will be interesting to see how it works out :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170862997862

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Just to inform you, there is an ipad App called IControl, which does those things to. Its pretty awesome.

Youtube Link:

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Why would the original post say to use aero theme???

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 2 weeks later...

cichlidfan,

I cannot seem to get this to work. I have one (1) 27" and one (1) 20" monitors.

I also have the same lillput 8" touch USB screens.

But I cannot get the DDI's to show on my Lilliput USB screens.

Can you help me with getting this LUA setup I would greatly appriecate it.

Chaser

Win10 64bit Intel Core i7 5930 3.5GZ /GA-X99-UD3-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz 1080 FE 8Gig 1TB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-TM WH-TM MFD's- Combat Pro Pedals-Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

purchased 2 Lilliput screens and cant seem to get them recognized on Windows 7.

I hear them connect when I connect them but they occasionally sound like they are conflicting with something else. Anyway, no output data to the UM-80c/t

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.

I just read the requirements on these monitors and they do not support 64 bit!

I guess I'll be sending them back since I have a 64 bit OS.

My bad!

WW

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

Really? These won't work with Windows 7 64 bit? There are a lot of people using them on these boards, first I heard of that. Did you check to see if you have the latest drivers from Lilliput?

Reason I'm asking is because I'd like to get the non-touch screen version.

All I can say is that they seem to give me conflicts and they dont work. The box says no win 7. I'm going to send them back.

I should have done my homework!

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

Go get the newest displaylink drivers @ http://www.displaylink.com then see how it works. They have 64 bit drivers there....should work fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I just use a bigger monitor and fill in the extra space with gauges, comms, etc...plus it's cheaper.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• 2 weeks later...
All I can say is that they seem to give me conflicts and they dont work. The box says no win 7. I'm going to send them back.

I should have done my homework!

They do work fine, you need to turn on windows update.

I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

Note: there is currently an issue with nvidia drivers which conflict with desktop window manager (dwm.exe) but this will be fixed soon

• 1 month later...
Nice mod!!

It IS.

No, a helo is an airCRAFT, but not an airPLANE.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Just a question to see if anyone knows whether there will be an issue with this, but I was looking at picking up an AOC 16" portable monitor and attaching Cougar MFDs to it. I don't believe that there would be any problems with this, but wanted to see if anyone might catch something I'm missing before I spend the cash.

http://www.amazon.com/AOC-E1649FWU-USB-Powered-Portable-Monitor/dp/B005SEZR0G/ref=pd_cp_pc_3

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Just a question to see if anyone knows whether there will be an issue with this, but I was looking at picking up an AOC 16" portable monitor and attaching Cougar MFDs to it. I don't believe that there would be any problems with this, but wanted to see if anyone might catch something I'm missing before I spend the cash.

http://www.amazon.com/AOC-E1649FWU-USB-Powered-Portable-Monitor/dp/B005SEZR0G/ref=pd_cp_pc_3

If you have your heart set on USB then that should work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing Too Tall.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=106779

Then I came up with a new solution.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

I was thinking the same thing Too Tall.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=106779

Then I came up with a new solution.

Doh sorry I missed your thread! I had actually jumped in this section to see about updates on TM F-18 handle and this thread's title was like waving a shiny object in front of me.

This is sort of a dual response to you and Cichlidfan. Using your laptop was a good idea, but wouldn't work for my situation. I use my laptop at work a lot so I'd have to remove the MFDs after every use, and I'm too limited on desktop space. My call sign applies to me in real life and can't pull out my keyboard tray when I'm using my rudder pedals, so my keyboard has to sit on top with my TM gear, mouse and monitor when I get on DCS.

So I was looking for something small and compact, but cheap enough that I can justify using solely for MFD use since I'd rather not remove them. This AOC monitor seems to fit the bill price-wise compared to the one this thread was based on. On your thread though someone mentioned another option they used that was cheaper, so if it's small enough I might look into that monitor as well. Thanks for the replies though both of you, and for the heads up on your thread.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone