Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all my details set to max here with max AA etc, and obviously set to application override mode in the drivers, everything looks awesome out to around 300 metres and then it looks pretty fuzzy and blurry, just a limitation of the DK2 or something I have setup incorrectly ?? Blown away with the experience of sitting in the cockpit and looking around, really feels like I could reach out and touch some of the controls :D

Is there any way to increase the amount of movement forwards you can have, feels like the forward movement is capped too much atm ?

TIA :pilotfly:

So, finally, I had DCS working with my DK2. I had to upgrade to a newer graphics card. But with all settings on low the fps is so horrendous that is absolutely unplayable. :(

Of course, the sense of scale is pretty neat.

About the resolution, definitely it's still too low. At least now it looks like a very low resolution image, and not like some spare color points trying to convince your eyes that there is an actual image in front of your eyes as it happened with the DK1.

Let's hope that CV1 will finally have enough resolution.

I still have to try to take-off and see if things are smoother in the air :/

what video card did you upgrade to? I just received my rift yesterday but unfortunately I will not be able to try it until I return home in December. I'm currently using 2 660ti-PE cards in SLI mode, hoping that does the job. If not, I have enough time to order a new card and have it installed before I return in December.

what video card did you upgrade to? I just received my rift yesterday but unfortunately I will not be able to try it until I return home in December. I'm currently using 2 660ti-PE cards in SLI mode, hoping that does the job. If not, I have enough time to order a new card and have it installed before I return in December.

Hi battguano, I had two rig one with a 660ti sli, and the other with a new 970, the performance is just about the same, gtx660ti in sli perform very well, you have some microstutter but it's a Sli problem...... don't expect 75fps in every situation but it's very playable. Gtx 970 perform better no microstutter and no issue at all some judder in some module. So be relaxed your sli will do the job.....

Could someone update me on the status of DCS World's DK2 support?

1. has the AMD=black screen issue been fixed in the latest version (without requiring a TrackIR)?

2. is it possible to interact with aircraft controls via mouse?

1 - dunno about AMD. I use nvidia;

2 - yes, but it's impossible to read the flyout to know what they do.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Just thought I would report in my findings -

GTX980

I5 4670k Overclocked to 4.7Ghz

32gb DDR3 RAM 1600mghz

I can run at full settings (minus cockpit shadows) and max distances without any nausea or juddering (that I notice, although no idea what fps is).

It is simply amazing!

Very much looking forward to trying it with EDGE.

I'll be posting some videos and whatnot soon but for now I need to get back to the air!

:pilotfly:

Edited by smirkza

Cheers,

Smirkza

GTX980

32gb DDR3 RAM 1600mghz

I can run at full settings (minus cockpit shadows) and max distances without any nausea or juddering (that I notice, although no idea what fps is).

It is simply amazing!

I'll be posting some videos and whatnot soon but for now I need to get back to the air!

Same boat as you with a gtx 970 msi o.c. similar performance with a I7 o.c. to 4.6....

Simply fantastic, cockpit shadow are broken with oculus

EDGE is a new graphics engine we've all been anxiously waiting for. It boasts better graphics, better performance ( as it's optimized for DX11, etc.), boasts some new possibilities, like maps with the earths curvature taken into accounts, and multiple map support.

It's probably somewhere around less than 2-3 months away, as they're still suggesting we might get NTTR (Nevada Test and Training Range) by late December, which implies EDGE. The Straight of Hormuz is another EDGE based map in the pipe, as is a WWII period Normandy map for the failed RRG kickstarter that ED graciously rescued.

On topic, my OR shipped. Tuesday is going to be fun. :)

Edited by xaoslaad

GTX980

32gb DDR3 RAM 1600mghz

It is simply amazing!

Quick question for you. Is your primary monitor 75Hz capable?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I suspect the judder is down to the user. I can get 70-140fps running DSR @ 4k downscales to 1920x1080 yet even at minimum settings In rift I get judder. I think its the low persistence. The effect sounds just like what one of the possible side effects is described as, and when viewing a recording of a session its smooth as silk for me. Also if you focus on an object and maneuver around it its perfectly smooth, again supporting my theory its all about low persistence and the users eyes/brain. I think we need an option for low persistance on/off

only gtx 760. From a gtx285. I just wanted dx11 functionality for a moderate price for games like assetto corsa and DCS 2.

i hope there are more rift videos once DCS World 2.0 comes out. there are tons of assetto corsa and elite dangerous videos.. but where are the rift videos for DCS!!! im dying to see more in game pilot body rift view along side real life setup demos. so far i like videos from mdbuehler channel. (soooo annoying to watch the videos from GamerMuscleVideos)

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179