Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

New headset on the block from Valve and HTC...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139912

OK,this is very interesting!

Consumer version out in 2015, 90 fps and quite a decent res.

Yep, as long as this works with DCS I may very well have to partake! I'm no Oculus fanboy, I just want a VR system that brings my gaming world to life!

:thumbup:

Cheers,

Smirkza

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If each HMD will need specific support this is gonna be a nightmare.

Yep, I hope they will agree on some standard otherwise we'll end up like in pre directX era where individual sound and graphic cards drivers had to be included in the games...

Helmet HUD DK2

Hi Guys, im currently developing a helmet HUD to easily see the most importend flight data. It already works in my debugging environment and it makes so much fun now to fly with DK2. Hopefully i can release a BETA soon. I will try to do a video this week, for now i have just two screenshots (F15 FC3).

helmethud1.thumb.jpg.b74b7a237c755a0c2d7e8502c41d0a30.jpg

helmethud2.thumb.jpg.9972b27b92a1006f238da4d3e6f9b71a.jpg

• Like 1

Very interesting Sundown28! Can't wait to give it a whirl.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi Guys, im currently developing a helmet HUD to easily see the most importend flight data. It already works in my debugging environment and it makes so much fun now to fly with DK2. Hopefully i can release a BETA soon. I will try to do a video this week, for now i have just two screenshots (F15 FC3).

Looks promising - the HUD is impossible to read with a VR device.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Awesome! Would it work also in just one eye to simulate what the a10c modern suites have?

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

The HUD is possible to read in the DK2 but you have to do some work and edit some files to crank up the font size. I fixed it for the A-10C (there's another thread about it around here somewhere) but gave up on DCS in VR. Performance was too poor. Will try again with each major new innovation - DCS World 2, VR SLI, new headsets with higher res, etc.

• ED Team

Live now John Carmack's keynote at GDC 2015

http://www.twitch.tv/oculus

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Haven't watched it but they need to come with something big and asap. This dk2 is cool but God hope cv1 and dcs 2 bring everything full circle vr wise

I just can't believe their wasting their time and resources on mobile vr

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

• ED Team
So consumer version is out whenever Samsung does second release cycle....sometime end of the year.

yes from what he said the next big release is the gear vr tied in with samsung release dates, and then hinted at developers who are making mobile apps it would be worth targeting pc as well, but said he wouldn't be the one to give us release dates for cv1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
So my understanding is this is not about Oculus VR CV1, but about mobile version that is tide in with Samsung GearVR..... therefore sometime end of year Samsung + Oculus will release product that is alike GearVR.

yes

Nothing from Oculus about CV1 at GDC so far. Very disappointing but not surprising. They have obviously decided mobile is their priority for now. With mass consumer GearVR planned for October how long will they hold back CV1?

Lighthouse from Valve looks really good though. It's a cheap free to implement tracking solution. We could have our hands tracked in the cockpit or alternatively physical switches visible in VR for those who prefer cockpit building.

It also seems the HTC headset could be the first of many SteamVR headsets all sharing the same Valve developed technology. I hope LG take up the VR torch and we see Samsung v LG competing on the screen resolution front. Exciting times.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

a few years back I bought a dk1 for a guy to try and create a Rift plugin for x-plane. If it came to it I'm sure as a community we could make sure wags got a Valve dev kit for DCS :)

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

a few years back I bought a dk1 for a guy to try and create a Rift plugin for x-plane. If it came to it I'm sure as a community we could make sure wags got a Valve dev kit for DCS :)

I think ED can afford to purchase one if they deem it necessary.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

All my hype has moved over to the HTC-Valve Vive. It seems to be an amazing piece of kit.

Competition is good!

Yes, I feel the same way. From listening to the keynote it seems Oculus is investing heavily into mobile to speed up the adoption of VR. They see at as a way to get VR into the hands of millions of users as opposed to a thousands of (niche-) PC gamers.

They (Oculus) will release a 'PC-' version but there's no telling when. If there's nothing concrete regarding a release date towards the end of the year I'm going for the Vive...

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Interesting read indeed. I'm glad to see competition enter the market. We should all benefit in the long run. Short term, I'm concerned that ED will only support a single platform and no matter HOW good the competition is, we are stuck with whomever they decide to support.

By all accounts, that's clearly going to be Occulus right now. I'm curious why we haven't really heard much about the CV release yet. Unless I simply missed it.