Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question to those who already run DCS with Occulus:

The specifications of Occulus say at least 75 fps are needed for a good experience. Do you run DCS with min 75 fps?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Sli 980 can't do it. Not the cards fault it's the engines fault. Dcs would be awesome with the rift if the performance was their. It's one of those wait and see how dcs 2.0 is. As for now you have to set all the major stuff to low to get and maintain 75 frames. At least that's the case with me. Bit of a bummer

50 to60 frames is manageable in the rift in dcs but go lower and you start getting sick

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Sli 980 can't do it. Not the cards fault it's the engines fault. Dcs would be awesome with the rift if the performance was their. It's one of those wait and see how dcs 2.0 is. As for now you have to set all the major stuff to low to get and maintain 75 frames. At least that's the case with me. Bit of a bummer

50 to60 frames is manageable in the rift in dcs but go lower and you start getting sick

Thanks for the info. Let´s see what comes, but 75 fps for DCS in a crowded environment is a high goal.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

If ED doesn't embrace VR to the maximum extent possible, they will miss the boat and have egg on their face.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

If ED doesn't embrace VR to the maximum extent possible, they will miss the boat and have egg on their face.

I agree totally as this sim is the perfect showcase for Vr. Heck I be happy with the Dk2 if the performance was their.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Anyone else noticed the pilot body is rendered in the Huey on the EDGE video from Wags? This isn't available in the current Huey model. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come. Has to have been done for VR. Thats what I'm hoping at least ha. I have high hopes for EDGE and the rift.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Anyone else noticed the pilot body is rendered in the Huey on the EDGE video from Wags? This isn't available in the current Huey model. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come. Has to have been done for VR. Thats what I'm hoping at least ha. I have high hopes for EDGE and the rift.

Uh the pilot body currently works for huey. Looks awesome in vr, same with ka50 and mi8. Mi8 is epic you really see how big that pit is

They really need to add one into the a10c

Uh the pilot body currently works for huey. Looks awesome in vr, same with ka50 and mi8. Mi8 is epic you really see how big that pit is

They really need to add one into the a10c

I knew it was in the mi8 and Ka50 but last time I checked it wasn't in the huey. Thanks for the heads up.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

JHMCS for Oculus Rift DK2

Hello pilots,

this video shows my first Beta version "Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System" for DCS and Oculus Rift DK2.

This software displays real time flight informations (HUD) directly in your Rift.

Normally it is really hard to see the DCS HUD in Oculus Rift, this is why i'm developing the "JHMCS" for DCS.

Now it is possible to read the most importend values while flying with the rift.

It would also work without a rift.

What do you guys think about?

Sorry for the bad FPS, this is during video recording. The "JHMCS" does not decrease the frame rate.

Hello pilots,

this video shows my first Beta version "Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System" for DCS and Oculus Rift DK2.

This software displays real time flight informations (HUD) directly in your Rift.

Normally it is really hard to see the DCS HUD in Oculus Rift, this is why i'm developing the "JHMCS" for DCS.

Now it is possible to read the most importend values while flying with the rift.

Sorry for the bad FPS, this is during video recording. The "JHMCS" does not decrease the frame rate.

This looks cool.

How are you achieving this? Is it a third party program or are you just using the config file to "project" the HUD data?

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I wrote a new software who is hooking into the directx api. With this i can draw my own stuff on top of every frame who DCS is rendering. The flight values i get by using the Export.lua.

If you guys have some ideas, which values are needed else, please come back.

I think it will be several generations (like Track Ir) before the technology is good enough to be a flight sim mainstream like the HOTAS and TIR.

Sure, but to fly with the rift is just FUN. Everybody who tried already DCS with the rift DK2 are loving it. The software i'm developing should just support all the rift fans.

Sure, but to fly with the rift is just FUN. Everybody who tried already DCS with the rift DK2 are loving it. The software i'm developing should just support all the rift fans.

Sundown does this work with ka50 and a10c? Please say it does? Also if you need a tester I can fully help out with good Aar write ups as the next two weeks I'm going fully Dk2'with ka50 and A10c

Is this basically repeating what the hud is projecting? So for instance in ka50 or a10c does the hud read out become dynamic depending on what mode hud is in?

Edited by rcjonessnp175

Sundown does this work with ka50 and a10c? Please say it does? Also if you need a tester I can fully help out with good Aar write ups as the next two weeks I'm going fully Dk2'with ka50 and A10c

Is this basically repeating what the hud is projecting? So for instance in ka50 or a10c does the hud read out become dynamic depending on what mode hud is in?

This will work with every plane and helicopter. I can not display the HUD who is actualy shown, but i draw the content on the helmet hud by myself and i can draw all values where i can get by the Export.lua.

For the moment i display this values:

- Speed

- Alt (and vertical speed as a bar)

- Heading

- AoA

- Mach

- Gload

- Time

- FPS (just to check the performance)

There are a lot of more values available and also some secred values.

For the moment a draw a hud who is designed like the hud of a F18C.

• Like 1

This will work with every plane and helicopter. I can not display the HUD who is actualy shown, but i draw the content on the helmet hud by myself and i can draw all values where i can get by the Export.lua.

- Speed

- Heading

- AoA

- Mach

- Gload

- Time

Sweet can't wait to try it.

I agree totally as this sim is the perfect showcase for Vr. Heck I be happy with the Dk2 if the performance was their.
Not so perfect. The very high frame ratio requirement of VR will be a very big challenge to turn DCS into a showcase for VR.

DCS has been built for a desktop experience, and its roots are very far behind in time. I still had to see DCS 2 running at 75 (90?) fps in a typical mission in an average high end PC to believe it is possible. (I say "average high end PC" because nowadays there is a wide range of what can be considered high end).

I'll be flying DCS with the CV1... or maybe HTC Vive :music_whistling: in any case, that's for sure.

Not so perfect. The very high frame ratio requirement of VR will be a very big challenge to turn DCS into a showcase for VR.

DCS has been built for a desktop experience, and its roots are very far behind in time. I still had to see DCS 2 running at 75 (90?) fps in a typical mission in an average high end PC to believe it is possible. (I say "average high end PC" because nowadays there is a wide range of what can be considered high end).

I'll be flying DCS with the CV1... or maybe HTC Vive :music_whistling: in any case, that's for sure.

I agree. Was interesting to see Wags saying Dcs 2.0 will be a show case for the oculus rift in that mudspike interview

- Speed

- Heading

- AoA

- Mach

- Gload

- Time

Would love to see current Steerpoint depicted as well.

This would be a wonderful tool.

Hello pilots,

One million likes given! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree that a current steerpoint would be cool. I hope you put it out soon so we can get our hot hands on it. Great work!

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• ED Team

http://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/anton-shilov/consumer-oculus-rift-headset-may-not-be-available-this-year-oculus-vr-founder-implies/

Palmer Luckey, the founder of Oculus VR, once said that the consumer version of Oculus Rift would be available in 2015 unless something goes “horribly wrong.” While nothing seems to be going wrong, he does not look like he is sure about availability of the device this year.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ya was really hoping to fly dcs world 2.0 in the cv1 this year. I'm confident though 2.0 with Dk2 will be a much better experience compared to the current dcs world we have. Flying is just so amazing in this Sim with this devicE!