Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

Thank you - yes. This is specifically at checkout. Every seller using paypal can receive payment from the customer's paypal account balance. The customer can choose to use other funding sources if he wants with a bank account or card, but the default it the paypal account balance.

We have about 30000 transactions with paypal over more than 5 years. This is the first time I have experienced being forced into a funding source.

*flips table in disgust*

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no trouble switching from bank to CC when I tried to pay by paypal but either way it still failed because their server farm failed in every possible way to handle any load at all. You could still order now for a June delivery but sorry you missed out on earlier delivery Derek :(

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Damn..June now eh? I couldn't connect either and got bumped to April delivery. But I waited 50 years, so what's another few more months. I can now look forward to Vive pre-order! :) WTH, I'll get both and see which is better. Exciting times. *EVERY* time I track a missile by *looking* over the cockpit off to the side, while flying is an incredible experience. You simply cannot get that with TrackIR. You just can't. *flips the table in disgust* (tm: DerekSpeare) That's trademark, not Thrustmaster! LOL.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Bah - I waited long enough...looks like it's on their terms...gotta love paying and begging :/

May shipping - good point, Frusheen :)

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Derek I don't think it's a good idea to quote your order number!

EDIT: I saw nothing Derek.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Interesting. My order for April delivery is like 250,000 less than yours. I wonder if it increments by one. Could they have sold *that* many???

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Interesting. My order for April delivery is like 250,000 less than yours. I wonder if it increments by one. Could they have sold *that* many???

DK2 order numbers were not sequential. These probably aren't either. I remember DK1 was and there was war when some countries got theirs ahead of others even when they ordered later and had higher order numbers. Oculus learnt their lesson.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

What a horrendous price.

I expected it to be around 350-400 euro.

In this case I calmly wait for HTC Vive, as it seems to be even nicer...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Boberro,

By all accounts, Vive is supposed to be *more* expensive. We'll see in April.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

We should start a pool! :) I'm going to vote $799USD + S&H.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Think I will take a pass this go around.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Same, €742 isn't a price I can justify. I was very much looking forward to it and had money saved for it, but that steep price is telling me they're not interested in selling it to the masses and won't sell a huge amount, that means not a lot of support from games and sims as that musn't motivates game developers either to dedicate to it. It is after all a luxury high-end product only a minority will be willing to invest in (in its first iteration at least).

I'm not saying it priced wrong though, it may very well be worth its price given the product's quality, but we're well past the "affordable VR" they preached these past few years.

The door is wide open for Valve/HTC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there are 5 eBay listing for the cv1 . people selling their pre orders for over £1,000.

firstly I'm sure they haven't paid for them yet. so cant understand why anyone would pay for an email confirming :

A- yes your have pre ordered

B - your pay when we ship it lol

maybe I'm wrong

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

called it.

From January 4th:

...My bet is that they will sell in excess of one million at 575 USD each.

I was pretty close...we'll see if they publish the total units sold.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Just installed version 8 Oculus runtime with 2.0 and was totally blown away by the improved

graphics. Hud is completely readable as are the guages in the f15. No judder over unpopulated

areas.

R/

Daniel

Was this with a DK2? What OS were you running?

Can I still preorder or is it closed all I get is a blank screen on iPad and iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can still preorder but the site is swamped. Lots of issues.