Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DK2

4690k@4.6

nvida 970

I had no idea it was this good. Can't wait for Oculus V1.

/R

Daniel

Shipping Method: Super Eggsaver (4-7 bus. days)

1 x ($619.99) MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti DirectX 12 GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G LE 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card $619.99

Subtotal: $619.99

Tax: $0.00

Shipping and Handling: $0.00

Total Amount: $619.99

From January 4th:

I was pretty close...we'll see if they publish the total units sold.

You did nail it, I figured when they last said the Rift would be over 399, it might be in the 400-450 range, and around 600 including the Touch inputs. I was way out of the ball park.

I still believe the six hundred is below cost. I guess when they're payroll went up to three hundred +, relatively highly paid techs, and all the new custom parts, it adds up quickly.

I'm also surprised that more specs weren't announced at the start of preorders. BUT its easy to cancel, or not even pre-order until more facts are known.

Is that why I get blank screen you think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try chrome if you can. I had issues on safari with the support page but it worked in chrome.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

But think of it this way. If you use your 3 monitors (or maybe it was four?) for sim'ing, you can sell two off them off and use Rift!

Honestly, I wish they had the "no controller, no games for $100 off" option.

I use my screens for more than gaming and its up to 8 Now.

*(4 for gaming),

8 in extended modes.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks ordered getting it in May Chrome worked.

Good stuff.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

For DCS, it's automatic. When the game starts, it displays on Rift and on the main monitor as well - replica of what you see in Rift.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Still no Rift specs, even in the current reddit AMA question and answer session with Palmer Luckey. Other than saying the specs will be released soon, and all or most of the Rift parts are custom made. The OLED displays are custom made with VR specific features, as are the Optics lenses. One of the reasons the price went up significantly.

Vive and Oculus are still being very tight lipped on the final specs.

I think that the relative strength of the USD will hurt international sales a bit. Buddy of mine in Canada said it would be nearly $1000CAD delivered. OUCH. And I winced at the $599 price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, I'm in Canada. I think it came to $914 total after tax and shipping. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Due to the amount of technology (quality of the displays, motion tracking, etc) I am not at all surprised about the price tag. This is an enthusiast level piece of hardware that requires enthusiast equipment to even run (970 or better GPU).

It was, however, pretty bad PR to be throwing around ballpark numbers that low balled the price by a lot.

I will wait to see some reviews before I purchase this though.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

"The Rift’s American base price is US$599, but in Taiwan it costs US$650 and the Japanese price of Y83,800 is equivalent to more than US$700. And that’s before shipping costs, which are likely to be substantial."

Quoted from

https://www.techinasia.com/oculus-rift-preorders-taiwan-japan-cost-small-fortune

I am not happy about the bundle options also, I don't need the 2 stupid games or that controller (I could even go without fancy case) :mad:

No longer active in DCS...

This is a incredible fiasco LOL.. wait a bit Vive will come with a Higher resolution model pretty much on the same time I did test both, Both have an incredible tracking capability but the Rift resolution was too low and still hard to read things so for Flight Sim it will be not yet good.. so I conciser the Rift as a prototype for the masses, now the Vive was superior in all and move and the screens were better .. I'll pass on this Rift and wait for the competition.

This year have to wait for the next competitor coming out and video cards new generation.

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..