Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting bad frame rate and "tearing" when moving my head on X- or Y-axis. The tearing decreased a bit when I lowered details in the options. My computer with GTX780, 2500K, 16GB ram is not powerful enough to run the current DCS open beta in Oculus mode? I'm using clone mode with my main display and they both are using the same resolution.

I normally run DCS with three big displays without any problems. I don't have lag or tearing issues with any of the Oculus demos.

Anyone else have this issue?

Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

I have the same graphics card. No issues for me. Not sure if it will help but have you tried with aero interface disabled?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I'm getting bad frame rate and "tearing" when moving my head on X- or Y-axis. The tearing decreased a bit when I lowered details in the options. My computer with GTX780, 2500K, 16GB ram is not powerful enough to run the current DCS open beta in Oculus mode? I'm using clone mode with my main display and they both are using the same resolution.

I normally run DCS with three big displays without any problems. I don't have lag or tearing issues with any of the Oculus demos.

Chain

I get tearing when I don't set my Oculus Rift as the primary display. If not my monitor gets all the lovely v-sync and my rift tears like a bitch. Once its set to main display it should benefit from tear free images.

Excuse me for asking guys, but where do I extract the new .dll fix to please? I have browsed for the bin folder but only found a folder in DCS which has two bin files in it, its called TabularData.

Im a bit of a noob sorry! :)

Excuse me for asking guys, but where do I extract the new .dll fix to please? I have browsed for the bin folder but only found a folder in DCS which has two bin files in it, its called TabularData.

Its in the DCS World folder

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Make sure you have installed the 1.2.8 DCS world beta. Then extract to Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Thank you very much guys I will try it now, sorry again for asking I had no idea cheers. I hope that guy sorted out his screen tearing too.

I just told my wife she needs to make her monitor the main display a second ago because her graphics were tearing as I had used the rift earlier and still had it set to primary display.

I get tearing when I don't set my Oculus Rift as the primary display. If not my monitor gets all the lovely v-sync and my rift tears like a bitch. Once its set to main display it should benefit from tear free images.

I tried this but I still had lag/tearing. Also it was almost impossible to load a mission since you can only see part of the screen. Ugh. :(

Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

Oh man I LOVE YOU GUYS! thanks so much, works like a charm now - the wifes on my back now as she got kicked off elder scrolls online for about 10 minutes while she helped me find that folder hehe

Cheers all :)

I tried this but I still had lag/tearing. Also it was almost impossible to load a mission since you can only see part of the screen. Ugh. :(

Chain

Hmm and have you duplicated the screen rather than extended it? I think iv got mine cloned mate.

Im using a nividia card

Chain

If you run the rift in extended mode there will be no tearing BUT the mouse cursor position is waaaay off,you cant click on anything in cockpit

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Limit frame rate to refresh rate of rift?

Tried this but didn't seem to help. I also tried War Thunder and it works perfectly. Problem seems to only with DCS. Do I need to adjust the rift resolution in the options?

What kind of FPS are you guys getting with the Rift mode enabled?

Thanks,

Chain

System:

Hmm and have you duplicated the screen rather than extended it? I think iv got mine cloned mate.

Im using a nividia card

Yes I'm running in duplicated mode

Chain

System:

I set the resolution to 1280x800 and visibility range to low. I'm only getting about 50fps and I now have less tearing/lag. It's still still noticeable and very annoying. War thunder seems to run at 150fps with all settings high and in Oculus mode and it's smooth as silk. I know one is a realistic flight simulation and one is a game...but still I should be able to run DCS with high FPS with this card and rift resolution...hmm.

Chain

System:

Are you running 3 monitors and the rift?

I have disconnected two screens. I'm only running Rift + one 24" in cloned/duplicate mode.

Chain

System:

i like to see a video of u guys using the rift off screen and in-game... those who have it working.. thank u :)

Here you go Hannibal. I made a short 'out and back' video with the Mi-8. FOV will be wider in the rift as I have removed the right eye to show you an off screen view.

• Like 1

Here you go Hannibal. I made a short 'out and back' video with the Mi-8. FOV will be wider in the rift as I have removed the right eye to show you an off screen view.

THANK YOU. THIS IS AWESOME.

I CANT WAIT TO DO WHAT YOU ARE doing when i get the consumer version rift.

my dream is slowly forming

(my pit + oculus + EDGE/IG + AH-1G)

MY PITS ARE COLLECTING dust at the moment lol after 6 months of building them..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

What kind of FPS are you guys getting with the Rift and what graphics settings are you using?

Thanks.

Chain

System:

I have a question, how is the FoV wider if both eyes are seeing a slightly diferest version of the same thing?