Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

I have to say that DCS is one of the top experiences in the rift so far... I'm using the hydra to add 6dot and works perfect.

Good job guys!

Really, I have been a real pit guy for a long time, but the rift allows you to jump between different aircraft without spending thousands of dollars. This is the future!

Couldn't agree with you more, DCS is great in the rift. I think the refresh rate could be better, I have to turn everything to min and I still think its too low.

Can you give me a blow by blow on setting up the hydra? I've tried it and it crashed DCS, would really like to try this after going to all the hassle of setting up the hydra on my rift.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that DCS is one of the top experiences in the rift so far... I'm using the hydra to add 6dot and works perfect.

Good job guys!

Really, I have been a real pit guy for a long time, but the rift allows you to jump between different aircraft without spending thousands of dollars. This is the future!

This.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Looks like they took the site down? That was quick,glad I got the file in time:)

Here is a youtube video of it in action.

Just found another download link here https://mega.co.nz/#!NMISWZSL!KQGyxL1SSco6QqsPl_rlVqu1QhCLBoAFgcYRjMz3qTM

Edited by blksolo

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I tried it hoping it may have been the NDA governed version used by ED and that it might fix the black borders on the current implementation. I didn't notice any difference though. My image is still too small.

Nice to see oculus adding more refinement. Screen to lens measurement and users eye to neck distance (pivot point) are now included.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Does the latest RC2 update for 1.2.8 beta still need the visualizer.dll from this thread or has that been added now?

Thanks

EDIT: New visualizer.dll is still crashing the game for me. Guess I'm waiting for official support :(

Edited by KaspeR32

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

EDIT: New visualizer.dll is still crashing the game for me. Guess I'm waiting for official support

Not working with my AMD card either...I just get a black screen ...this update did not help.

Yeah, I also have an AMD card, and I get a black screen without the new .dll but with it I get a crash.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

I updated my oculus sdk to the newest version and didnt need the new dll anymore

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

This looks sooooo good, I am finding it hard to resist the DK2.

Come on CV1 show yourself.............

:) you can pop 40 mins down the road and try my DK2 out when she turns up Loz, if you want.

Think that should be enough to break your willpower. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

EDIT: New visualizer.dll is still crashing the game for me. Guess I'm waiting for official support

Not working with my AMD card either...I just get a black screen ...this update did not help.

Can anyone please confirm if they've got the rift working with an AMD card? It's the only other thing I can think of that would be causing the black screen.

I updated my oculus sdk to the newest version and didnt need the new dll anymore

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.. There is nothing "updated" when you get the new SDK is there? I downloaded it and it just unzips where ever I unzip it. Nothing installs or updates. The only thing that can be "updated" is the Firmware on the Rift, which there is no new version with the new SDK.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.. There is nothing "updated" when you get the new SDK is there? I downloaded it and it just unzips where ever I unzip it. Nothing installs or updates. The only thing that can be "updated" is the Firmware on the Rift, which there is no new version with the new SDK.

There are some changes,I just kinda skimmed over the details of it tho.There was no install as you said,but I did delete 0.2.5c afterwards just in case.You had to use a modified dll to make the rift work properly with DCS and sdk 0.2.5c.With sdk 0.3.1 you dont need to get any additional files because ED used 0.3.1 to make DCS Oculus ready..I dont know if this will help with a black screen problem tho.

Edited by blksolo

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Hi guys, I've ordered a DK2 which hopefully will be here in July.

I was wondering if anyone with a DK1 has tried using it together with Thrustmaster MFDs. I was thinking if I mounted the MFDs in the position they appear in the OR visuals, they would be easy to use and interact with the A10 MFDs.

While I appreciate that most of the time It will be easier to use the mouse and pointer to interact with the majority of the cockpit. I think it could add a lot to the immersion, if I could just reach out and press the buttons on the MFDs.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

can someone comment on the current state of audio when using the rift? everyone is saying it looks good, but how does it sound in conjunction of moving your head? is there a '3d-ness' to the sound?

note, please comment if u are using the rift.

Sound was already 3D long time ago, even if you use a mouse to look around - sound properly reproduced in the headphones, like sound of the engines - properly positioned.

It's pretty surprising to see this question, people use 6DOF tracking with TrackIR in DCS for ages.

Edited by Mnemonic

Hi guys, I've ordered a DK2 which hopefully will be here in July.

I was wondering if anyone with a DK1 has tried using it together with Thrustmaster MFDs. I was thinking if I mounted the MFDs in the position they appear in the OR visuals, they would be easy to use and interact with the A10 MFDs.

While I appreciate that most of the time It will be easier to use the mouse and pointer to interact with the majority of the cockpit. I think it could add a lot to the immersion, if I could just reach out and press the buttons on the MFDs.

Cowboy10uk

I would say it would be a cold day in hell before you could reliably lean forward and press the correct buttons just going by the view in the rift.

I think us rifters will be stuck with the mouse until some complimentary technology is released to help us.

Yeah I would think you would need multiple cameras and markers on the mfd's to pull that off.We will get there eventually,but not now,I'm thinking 5 years on something like that being affordable.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Can anyone please confirm if they've got the rift working with an AMD card? It's the only other thing I can think of that would be causing the black screen.

Can't confirm but can give negative acknowledgement that Radeon 7770 gives black screen in cockpit. This is with 1280x720, 1 Monitor, Oculus detect.

If I configure Stereo, No Oculus, it does show stereo undistorted cockpit. But convergence is way off. This is with the 4/8 dll.

Edited by rabidmanatee

My 7970 works fine with OR, I do have an issue with 3d where the cockpit is great but the runway on finals is splitting into a v shape, looks like a convergence issue to me probably needs some more tweaking.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

it'd be nice if Oculus had a Setup Program that allows a user to configure all that stuff globally.

(ie run Oculus Setup, and go through a series of images and calibrate the display for your eyes, and if possible save individual profiles for different users).

Then when you boot a game, like DCS, it will load those settings for your eyes from the Oculus Rift Software. and if you need to fine tune, OR should have a Software Hotkey to adjust things on the fly.

Dunno how much the software has changed since the first wave of DK1's...

Might have to give it a look and submit some ideas to the OR Dev team.

Hopefully if not already present something similar is integrated for the Consumer Version.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it does need something like that skate it needs to be easy for everyone to use just sliders or the like.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup: