Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

So out of the blue my Warthog and keyboard wont work in DCS while in rift mode unless I hit the window key first. They work fine in the setup screen when I push buttons but as soon as the mission starts nothing works unless I tab out with the window key. I am running Steam DCS 1.2.8 and the newest Oculus SDK. I know steam updated a day or two ago,it may be the culprit.

Same problem here. No keyboard or joystick interfaces working for me in game since last update (non steam). Tried a repair and it made no difference. I didn't try it in non rift mode yet.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blksolo, Frusheen:

When in cockpit, try pressing Alt + Tab twice (switch to Desktop and back to game).

Edited by ReviZorro

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

I just downloaded the latest DCS beta update and now my controls work properly again. I didnt see anything in the changelog about a problem or a fix.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

No, the hard part is trying to convince people that keyboards are useless compared to a well implemented clickable pit.

I have been convinced since DCS A-10C release to get rid of keyboard from my pit, I only use miniature bluetooth keyboard (pocket size) for typing IP address or rarely chat text message that is incorporated into the pit.

Everything else is HOTAS + MFD bezels, two touchscreens with panels, and special keypads for radio control and sim functions control.

Even mouse has been eliminated in favor of mini track-ball stuck to my throttle.

For controling views I have 3DConnexion controller next to throttle.

Everything AI/radio related and additional functions within sim are voice controlled.

I am totally RIFT ready!

Should I get DK2 or resolution still to low to read HUD, displays and analogue instruments, for 960px wide @ 100deg FOV I find it most likely so?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

For controling views I have 3DConnexion controller next to throttle.

Pardon the OT post:

Are you using a Space Navigator, or one of the higher end units? I have one, and love it, but have never tried it with a game/sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Pardon the OT post:

Are you using a Space Navigator, or one of the higher end units? I have one, and love it, but have never tried it with a game/sim.

Not the panel'ed one,

due to features in my pit I went with 3DConnexion for Notebooks, it had necessary size to fix it where I need it most. Cheap solution too!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Not the panel'ed one,

due to features in my pit I went with 3DConnexion for Notebooks, it had necessary size to fix it where I need it most. Cheap solution too!

Ah, I forgot about that one. Thanks for the tip.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Should I get DK2 or resolution still to low to read HUD, displays and analogue instruments, for 960px wide @ 100deg FOV I find it most likely so?

I can tell you that with a combination of DK1 and Trackir5 for 6dof that the instruments are totally readible when you lean forward to look at them.However the game is unplayable for me because of all the glitches and and lag associated with TrackIR. So with higher res and 6dof in DK2 you should be fine,spotting targets in the distance may be an issue though,we'll have to wait and see.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Hi All,

I'm using a TIR v5 and Rift DK1 and can't get DCS to display anything on the rift (or screen) when the auto detect flag is on.

I've updated the DLL and the firmware of the Rift to 0.18

anyone have got an idea?

IAF.101_Phantom, 101 squadron XO, Preflight Community Manager

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

watch your six, i'm behind you

-----

Mods: IAF_Weapons: Python 3 and 4

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2835842/

Hi All,

I'm using a TIR v5 and Rift DK1 and can't get DCS to display anything on the rift (or screen) when the auto detect flag is on.

anyone have got an idea?

Use firmware 0.2.5 for rift,dont use the newer 0.3 or the older 1.8

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Hi All,

anyone have got an idea?

Let me guess ...you are using an AMD card?.....Join the club. Nothing seems to work. There are a few here with AMD cards getting a black screen. If anyone figures this one out let the rest of us know. Thanks

1.2.8. "Added initial Oculus Rift support, this does not include front end GUI yet."

Anyone tried this in 1.2.8? What exactly is "initial Oculus rift support". Sounds very promising!

Cheers.

It means that we have support for the current developer kits, hopefully also for the DK2's due out in a few months, it works quite well but the DK1 resolution is not great but at least now we have a proper flight sim using rift support and first impressions are indicative of it being a complete game changer.

With the support of OR being official, I hope the 3D rendering of DCS will be perfected with it?

As I can recall, one of the most annoying things using nvidia 3d vision in DCS is that the sun is rendered on the screen, with no depth. This is second only to the incorrectly rendering of HUD, which makes aiming with the gun sight unusable.

I sure hope these get fixed in OR...

With the support of OR being official, I hope the 3D rendering of DCS will be perfected with it?

The way frame should be prepared for OR is completely different from NVidia 3D Vision

As I can recall, one of the most annoying things using nvidia 3d vision in DCS is that the sun is rendered on the screen, with no depth. This is second only to the incorrectly rendering of HUD, which makes aiming with the gun sight unusable.

I sure hope these get fixed in OR...

Currently sun is not the problem with 3DV.

HUD is still the problem with 3DV, also 3DV doesn't start when game is in fullscreen mode, somehow works now only in windowed.

Hope besides OR integration, ED will consider better integration with NVidia 3D Vision, which is the best tech for 3D monitors at home so far.

Hold off on spending $350. Even if it does take a year to buy the , much improved, Consumer Version... it'll be worth the wait. Imagine doing the VR-thingy for the very first time and be doubly wow-ed compared to the early adopters with their pixilated screendoors and headache inducing ski-goggles. You'll thank me for it!

Truth be told... after reading that article I had the CC in my hand and was surfing to the Oculus order page... I resisted! Yay me! :-D

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Wow I really admire this guy's DIY skills. Very cool Rift + cockpit setup

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Mmm, yeah....I could have done that.....yeah..... :)

Kudos to the guy! very impressed.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

To all oculus rift users

I need a clear answer:

do you see in 3d when using oculus rift?

Do you have to focus your eyes at different distances like in reality?

If you're looking at an object far ahead, does the cockpit become blurred as it would in RL?

Thanks

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s