Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

Yep below is list of rift demos available to try at E3.

- Lucky's Tale

- Eve Valkyrie

- Superhot

- Alien: Isolation

I've been lurking oculus reddit since yesterday but there is absolutely no info about DCS demo. weird...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they will have different demos tomorrow,truth be told overall it was a lame day for Oculus in general.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Maybe they will have different demos tomorrow,truth be told overall it was a lame day for Oculus in general.

I don't know, Alien Isolation was a pretty exciting announcement. The rift with that will no doubt be an experience like no other. It will be the closest thing yet to actually being in a horror movie. That said I would rather be reading about DCS of course...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I hope not, but wonder if the DCS Rift demo got dropped. I'm not a huge fan of the current DCS terrain graphics, and would have much rather seen the RIFT demo running the new EDGE graphic engine. Until then a demo running WT might draw more people into the fight sim genre. WT is not better, but it may look better, and easier to get into until they graduate to a more demanding sim like DCS.

I9-9900K@5000, Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Dell UP3216q

VPC MongoosT-50 CM2 Stick, Base (75+100 ext.) & Throttle, BRD KG-13B, adapted to use with Warthog connector, VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals, 2 x Saitek Quadrant,

Pimax Vision 8K Plus + 2 HTC Bases + Index Controllers + DAS

A lot of 3D printed modifications for all above.

Ultimaker 2+; Hardlight Sirius

OCULUS RIFT PHOTO CONTEST!

In order to celebrate Eagle Dynamics success with the Oculus Rift at E3,

attachment.php?attachmentid=99736&d=1402703701

I am personally going to sponsor an Oculus Rift photo contest.

The rules for the contest are simple: Post a photo of yourself, using the Oculus Rift and any Eagle Dynamics product, that other people viewing the photo can appreciate.

This contest will run until June 30, 2014. At which point I will choose the best photo and personally send a small gift to the winner, mailed directly from Japan.

If the contest becomes rather large at any given point, I will allow the forum moderators to act as judges to keep the contest fair and prevent personal bias.

So, what are you waiting for? Post a photo of you and your awesome Oculus Rift setup today!

Oculus in DCS on E3 2014

See this : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2091357&postcount=3

Ups, it looks like better than kinnect ;), his swing is too big and he seems that just falls - but only to see lower gauges.

I hope in the final version of Oculus it will be possible to set up it in the soft. In Track IR software I have only small move by head, and big move n the picture....

attachment.php?attachmentid=99740&d=1402703722

attachment.php?attachmentid=99737&d=1402703701

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That is going to cause horrendous motion sickness. Not feasible.

Don't you have to have a certain FPS or you will get motion sickness? I don't think my 20 FPS would cut it.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Looking at person body movement to cover all visible areas looks to me not natural. TrackIR is doing this by curves, an for sure OR needs same approach. What will differ is only the amplittude of that curves.

OR seems to not cover yet the mobilitty of the eye itself. You really do not have to turn your head 180 degrees to see your back...

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Looking at person body movement to cover all visible areas looks to me not natural. TrackIR is doing this by curves, an for sure OR needs same approach. What will differ is only the amplittude of that curves.

OR seems to not cover yet the mobilitty of the eye itself. You really do not have to turn your head 180 degrees to see your back...

The field of view provided by the device is way smaller than what the human eye naturally could cover alone.

Is Oculus any good for people who wear glasses?

Yes, 3 sets of lenses are provided to accommodate spectacles. In addition, the screen is adjustable to further accommodate.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

See this : http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2091357&postcount=3

Ups, it looks like better than kinnect ;), his swing is too big and he seems that just falls - but only to see lower gauges.

I hope in the final version of Oculus it will be possible to set up it in the soft. In Track IR software I have only small move by head, and big move n the picture....

But in the first picture considering his face is almost in his knees the image shown in the screen next to him doesn't look like it has got too much motion.

Edited by bongodriver

That is going to cause horrendous motion sickness. Not feasible.

No it's not, head tracking scaling is something people can get used to fairly quickly. Moreover it lessens the stress to your neck. The blurryness, eyestrain, motion blur, lags and low response time on the other hand are causing horrendous motion sickness.

I'm a bit bummed out by their setup. An old sidewinder? really? This is E3!! I would let them borrow my center mounted warthog and saitek pedals! Wish they would have put more emphasis on good hardware and presentation :(.

The whole point of Oculus and VR is so that you can look where you would look in reality. This talk of curves and translating a small movement to a big one in game is sily. The reason we use what with trackIR in the first place is because of the need to keep the eyes on the screen.

As for the akward positions that can be seen in the pictures, my gess is he's compensating for Occulus still inadequate resolution, so he needs to get closer to read the instruments clearly.

The whole point of Oculus and VR is so that you can look where you would look in reality. This talk of curves and translating a small movement to a big one in game is sily. The reason we use what with trackIR in the first place is because of the need to keep the eyes on the screen.

As for the akward positions that can be seen in the pictures, my gess is he's compensating for Occulus still inadequate resolution, so he needs to get closer to read the instruments clearly.

Was going to post pretty much exactly this. If I wanted to look 4 inches left to see over my left shoulder, I would stick with my TrackIR5.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm a bit bummed out by their setup. An old sidewinder? really? This is E3!! I would let them borrow my center mounted warthog and saitek pedals! Wish they would have put more emphasis on good hardware and presentation :(.

Hey, don't diss the sidewinder ;) It's the only choice really if you want FFB. Mind you, it probably would have made the presentation look more slick if they were using a warthog as the sidewinder's no great looker.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Anybody want to give me 600$ :cry:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

As much as i try and try again to use trackIR, it just DOES NOT work for me.

either i am in a cave surrounded by curved screens,

I NEED 1:1 translation

OCULUS RIFT FTW

anyone want to buy my trackIR4? (PM me)

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179